How to build Ashe?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Boomstick II

01-04-2012

How do you guys build Ashe?

She lacks in damage compared to all the other AD carries...

I built her with:
-Wriggle's
-Zerker boots
-IE
-PD
-BC (25 armor pen from runes, 6 from masteries, 45 from BC = 76 ArP total... is this enough or should BC be replaced with LW?)
-BV

I didn't feel like I could do enough damage though. People fell quick, but I couldn't carry.

Tips?

Cenerae

01-04-2012

Replace the cleaver for a bloodthirster and the banshee's for a last whisper (if necessary).

Ashe's strength has never been in her damage output, but the fact that she has a 3 second stun with mapwide range, and an innate frozen mallet. No other carry can initiate a teamfight, and no other carry can kite nearly as well.

It is true that she is lacking somewhat these days, simply because of power creeping. Other carries simply deal so much damage than it overshadows Ashe's utility.

Boomstick II

01-04-2012

I just played a game where a Vayne literally took out half my hp with a tumble and one AA T.T...

I still went 6/2 but **** lol, laning vs Vayne is a pain.

I feel like I need the cleaver for ArP though, and if I get LW I feel that I attack a little too slow and I would have less AD (although the 40% ArP might make up for it... on tankier targets). BV is kind of important isn't it? Ashe's base HP is abysmal lol

SynergyDreamer

01-04-2012

I never really saw Ashe as someone who needs Wriggle's, since she doesn't need blue or red buff. I guess she COULD help with Dragon and Baron but for the most part Ashe players usually just sit in lane farming.
Have a beefy DPS get the Cleaver and just focus on AD...or maybe more Crit? If they're getting 150+ armor then definitely purchase a Last Whisper.
I don't see anything wrong with Banshee's Veil. But depending on their team Quicksilver Sash might not be a bad idea.

Directw

01-05-2012

Ash is a good ad "carry" in early days of lol. However, she is a little bit outdated comparing to the new ad range champ such as cait and vayne.

IMO, Ash is now more like a support champ. Her role on the team is to begin a teamfight, trying to save teammates, and if lucky, ever turn the tide of the fight with her ult.

Mr AIex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2012

I don't like Wriggle's on Ashe unless you're jungling with her, nor do I like the Black Cleaver on her. Her attack speed doesn't need to be as high as Vayne (the only AD I like the BC on) and the Last Whisper simply does more damage to armored targets. Her slow makes it so that your hits don't need as much quantity as quality as you will be able to hit them with more shots while slowed. IE+PD, followed by a stacked BT is the highest damage combo for any ranged AD.

Hyperdeath9

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomstick II View Post
How do you guys build Ashe?

-BC (25 armor pen from runes, 6 from masteries, 45 from BC = 76 ArP total... is this enough or should BC be replaced with LW?)
Tips?
I would def replace it with a LW. good damage and since its cheap its quick to get.

LostMoogle

01-05-2012

Rush the BF sword. Boots (level 1) and then BF. Don't buy anything else. If you don't buy this, then you will fall off early mid game. If you can't buy this, then you probably won't be able to carry anyway. In other words, drop the wriggles and pick up a BT instead if you need sustain early. If you are feeling confident, then IE.

Also, consider flat AD runes rather than Armor Pen. LW is pretty essential to ashe later so the Armor Pen which is meant to scale better than AD flats, will be outperformed by LW. AD helps you harass early game, and last hit creeps much easier.

HATE THIS GAME

01-05-2012

Dorans Blade
lv 1 Boots
if you are low farm/stalemate at bot go Dorans again, otherwise aim for IE getting BF-> cloak-> axe
Phantom Dancer

From there on, it depends on the game.For example, If they have someone like Kassadin/LeBlanc or some hard to avoid AoE/CC, get BV . If they have way too much AD, or one of their AD carries is always forcing you out of the fight/killing you outright, get Thornmail/Randuins (depends on who it is). If you can afford to continue going straight damage, get another phantom dancer.

Ashe is the queen of kiting, and with IE + high crit, even the weakest champions can hit pretty hard. Your strengths lie in setting up teamfights, interrupting important ults/maneuvers, and extreme chase-down/kite ability. In a straight 1v1 with other ADs, you'll probably lose unless you kite properly or are far ahead in items, you'll almost definitely lose if you try to fight any of the AD carries toe to toe with even gear.

iKeanu

01-05-2012

I've been playing ashe, and no matter what anyone says, imo she's the best ad carry. "IMO".
Start off with ur standard core build, infinity edge, phantom dancer, and bloodthirster. From there you build according to the other team