Where is this guide saying boots of swiftness are good?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XCodes

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeaw View Post
Aren't they part of the recommended items for a lot of champions?
Just the really slow ones, I think.

xCry0x

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeaw View Post
Aren't they part of the recommended items for a lot of champions?
A lot of unused items are part of the recommended items for a lot of champions =)

I wish we could customize those... would make buying items a lot quicker.

arcticnerd

06-21-2012

Ashe is slow and squishy. If she is caught out of position she has no way of escaping short of flash or burning her ultimate. When I play her I prefer the move 3 boots over the attack speed ones. The ability to reposition and stay out of harm’s way during a team fight is more important to and extra auto attack.

I should say that this is a mid to low elo and solo que way of playing. Without an organized team I don’t expect them to protect me and so it’s vital I keep myself alive as long as possible. Move speed 3 boots combined with her slow can help her kite most champions that would dive her in a team fight.

bylobog44

06-21-2012

Mercury Treads are not so great on Ashe or similar squishy carries. If she get's CC'd, she's probably going to die without Cleanse, QSS or Flash. The 35% reduction is not going to save her. If you have to blow Flash/Cleanse it's nice to have the speed to GTFO.

Berserker's Greaves are a good choice, but don't underestimate mobility. Mobility equates to higher survivability and more map presence.

I use Boots of Swiftness about half the time on Ashe (Berserker's the other half) and most of the time on Vayne. They are also very useful on Alistar.

Kaoelith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by phants9283 View Post
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...to-ashes-67331
Coincidence, I read this guide today. It's actually a really good guide, but people probably browse through and see Boots of Swiftness as the first item to buy, instead of reading the guy staying that they are situational Serker's should be used 90% of the time.

Oh well, their loss.
stopped reading at mobafire, try looking up guides by pros. There are so many other sites by pros I'll leave you to find them

you really don't need boots of swiftness on anymore with all the items out

Shurelya's reverie is there for tanks/supports who need a boost during team fights to catch runners, you never think about movespeed until you need it for only a few sec

AD and Bruisers carries have triforce or PD for exrta movespeed

FoN for very sturdy tanks

AP have lichbane, I know this one is very rare to see

Randuin Omen, Frozen Mallet, and Rylai's all slow which is essentially still evening the playing field by reducing the opponent

I can't think of one build that doesn't get at least one of these items

The only champ I even consider BoS on is Singed, which I will still get mercs/tabi over them if they are cc heavy or have 2 or more strong ads

xCry0x

06-21-2012

+3 speed boots vs +2 speed boots are: +90 move speed vs +70 move speed.

You are giving up +25% attack speed for the the ability to have +20 move speed.

For the same price as swiftness boots you could get mobility boots which give you +5 speed (+130 move speed)

For the sake of moving into combat the mobility function better.
For the sake of chasing enemies having Q on as ashe and dealing damage 25% faster would be better.

That leaves moving in combat with the argument that moving around in combat with +20 speed over people with +2 boots (which puts you at about the same speed or slower with about half of the champions who all start with 320 or 325 speed) is more worthwhile than 25% attack speed.

Zaurok

09-04-2012

It does allow ashe to kite well but you sacrifices damage in fights for mobility. I use T3 on Eve(hybrid) and Blitz.
If anything, I think they should lower the cost of T3 a little bit or add something else than just +20 MS.

Hughes De Payens

09-04-2012

The reason Ashe gets them is because she's a champ that a lot of noobs play and it's in her recommended items thing (for some reason).

She should be getting zerks, though, for sure.

Zaurok

09-04-2012

Ashe is an easy champ to learn but hard to master as you need to have GREAT positioning. Mobility helps her at achieving that if not moving out of bad spots so I can totally understand why it is in the recommended items.
Give zerk greaves on Ashe for a new LoL player(or a player who never players RADC) and he'll probably die more than if he had mobility.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2012

They do give a mobility advantage while laning(say against a morgana or blitz support or an ez adc where you'd need to dodge skillshots), but should definitely be replaced late game. Even with that, I usually just go greaves - but there is a use for Swiftness.