Should Riot Games take back the recent nerf on Rengar?

Yes, absolutely. 22 51.16%
No, it was fair and deserved. 6 13.95%
Not entirely, they should revert some. but not al aspects. 15 34.88%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

I am not happy with the recent Rengar nerf

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slendguin

01-08-2013

Why would Riot nerf someone that isn't even that good in the first place? If they should nerf anyone, nerf Karthus' ultimate, or the fact that he can attack after he dies, or Teemo and his insane damage, or Varus and his ultimate, but why would you nerf Rengar? He wasn't very good to start with, now I can't even take out someone that is 3 levels lower than me, and the fact that it was a ranged champion, makes it worse, even with all of my items. Thans for reading.

Intellectional

01-08-2013

I dare you to try to play Karthus.

Syl

01-08-2013

Rengar had too much damage.He can just get 4 charges then jump to you and Q you twice in rapid secession and half your HP just disappears.He also gets an attack speed buff,so you can do even more damage.

ArcaneAftermath2

01-08-2013

I think that what they're already doing is fine, rengar is stronger than people think. This isnt the first time people have called champs bad but then they become good again

Umezete

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExExY View Post
Rengar had too much damage.He can just get 4 charges then jump to you and Q you twice in rapid secession and half your HP just disappears.He also gets an attack speed buff,so you can do even more damage.

That wasn't what was nerfed so I can only conclude you are an idiot.

He needed a slight nerf on w, but making w next to useless then hitting his r hard was intentionally gutting the champ. The nerfs intended to cripple, not balance.

Mishli

01-09-2013

i've been playing rengar since he came out (back when he sucked and had some glitches) and i will say that i believe some of his nerfs have been needed, his rage q did far too much damage without building any real ad, and i can understand the nerf of damage on his w, partly because it was far too easy for him to farm minions and i don't think riot intended him to be played ap and people just spam w the whole fight. I would like to bring to attention one point though, initially, rengar's base hp regen was reduced 'because he had another form of sustain, and they wanted players to have to pick between damage and healing" this is a very important point, and i believe this was needed, however, not only has the mr and armor on his w been reduced (twice i think) but now the heal has been reduced as well. I would like to see some of his regen be given back, because now, quite often, it feels like there is no 'choice' between damage and sustain, you have to spam his sustain constantly just to keep up with your laning opponent. One possible alternative, what if the heal scaled with ability rank? say from 10% back to the origional 15% this would allow players to spec into it in case they are having trouble in lane, and they would be giving up some damage in the process, also this would make his heal more valuable late game, because as it is right now, it hardly feels worth mentioning before i build a spirit visage. the lane isn't very fun when you have to spend 5 abilities to heal, only to have someone like olaf laugh and smack you for as much as you just healed.

xMilkychocolate

01-15-2013

I think it's rediculous how many times they've nerfed Rengar. They've never nerfed a champion so many times as they have him. He was originally meant to be a jungler who could jump out of the bush and gank throw a slow and give successful ganks. NOW he can't even hardly jungle he's about as squishy as eve when it comes to getting his leash and the worst part is he doesn't even scale late game anymore. all you have to do is focus him bam bam he's dead. He can't even use his ult to escape being instakilled now that that's nerfed. Same with his W. it gave you an option to play either AP rengar as a tanky character, or AD for a brusier. Ok sure maybe he's not meant to be AP but look at Master Yi! Master Yi most definately isn't supposed to be AP and what happend? they made his heal even stronger so he's next to invincible on top of his W one shotting minons at level 8 that's just rediculous farm clear and they haven't nerfed him? Nerfs yes are made to balance. you either have to make a champ more squishy, or make him less powerful they took away both. now he can't jungle, top, obviously not mid or adc or support. so what is he now? just a worthless champ because kiddies can't stop compaining rengar op. Nerf Darius. Nerf AP Yi. Nerf amumu, Nerf Shen, Nerf all of the most banned champs cause they're op and balance everything. not just Rengar who i now am out of 20$ for a skin and champ who can't even hold up for anything more than a last hit ks'er.

Veatix

01-16-2013

Now he's buffed... so...

Costantine95

01-16-2013

buffed? you played ren after this "buff". Its the same hes good early game almost op but his mid to late game is so bad that you cant 1v1 an adc with no kills they just need to scale his ability better with his lvl.

Aroph

01-16-2013

Karthus squishy as hell. He's easy to take down even with a Rylai's.