I'm terrible at League of Legends. (Discussion, and stream!)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cheap0

06-21-2012

I really like the way you think about the game, and it's easy to tell that you're a veteran gamer all-around by the way you approach the game and think about it. Also, I agree with most the things you've said, in particular, the bit about players creating an environment that isn't really suitable for effective learning. Overall, players are focused too much on winning the game, and not on doing well or long-term growth as a player. If I lose a game but play well, then I'm happy. If I win a game but get carried and play poorly, then I'm dissatisfied.

I'm curious as to what tools/methods outside the game you use to improve your development. Do you watch the replays of your games, and how often? Do you keep any sort of notebook where you take notes or journal in? Read guides/forums or craft your own builds? Play alternative game modes, like 1v0?

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck on your journey

dmbrandon

06-21-2012

I theorycraft a lot. I like to put myself in bad situations in normals to see what my options are. I love when 4 rush my tower, so I can see what defensive movement feels like in really awful spots.

Other than that, right now my focus is changing my build a lot. I'm still not 100% versed in builds for my characters, so I'm experimenting!

dmbrandon

06-21-2012

b

dmbrandon

06-23-2012

Solo Queue grind. Let's hope my team doesn't send me mid! (Cause like, we'll lose.)

twitch.tv/dmbrandon

brainflakes

06-23-2012

definitely work on getting better at AD carries and mid roles. they are both really fun, and they also warm you up to the game so much more. also, you don't have to, but you should get used to playing a support that heals like sona or soraka. they are also pretty fun, and have really different play-styles. it's relaxing at times.

awcrapilost

06-23-2012

you should probably figure out how to be more chill while you're playin, both for your own good, and if you want more people to watch your stream. No one likes a rager

dmbrandon

06-24-2012

Duo queue with a friend. Back to the jungle :3

twitch.tv/dmbrandon

dmbrandon

06-24-2012

So, I was forced into support. First time Alistar. Didn't do badly, but I definitely need to hone it. I missed a lot of combos, but ultimately did pretty well.

Too bad people fed lolol.

Will stream later tonight. Thanks for watching and all of your feedback. I feel like a lot of what people are saying in here and chat is helping a lot. I'm learning a lot of new champions to counter balance my weaknesses. Still rough, though.

Danish Vikingz

06-24-2012

Memorize the different champions cooldowns, this has helped me a lot. Knowing how long I can go at them before they are up are really an important factor , especially in solo lanes, top and mid..

dmbrandon

06-24-2012

I've actually been working on that a ton. The burden of knowledge in this game is worse than Pokemon. (Though, I can't attest to that factually, since whothe****caresaboutcompetitivepokemon.)

Either way, back in there.