Tankish support Galio is amazing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CQReborn

08-27-2010

You know, as someone who used to build Galio for a full main tank build, my mind was blown by a game I played earlier today where I built for tank and support instead of full tank.

After getting my core set of Treads, Chalice, and Aegis, I decided to alter my build and go for Thornmail, Zhonya's ring, and visage.

I'd dive in and pop my ult, afterwards if I was still being focused I'd pop my shield on a likely team mate and than use ring. This would heal me up to near full health (No one can hurt me and I have a heal going), and give me enough time to get another blast from gust + smite up which is devastating against squishier characters.

From there, I could run in and heal through tower shots with shield up.
Granted this is with visage and a decently high AP, so this wouldn't work at all for an armor + MR Galio. To be honest, smart use of ring, shield, and taunt gave me so much durability that I feel I'll never build pure tank on Galio again, even if it is pretty reliable. (I'll probably feel like eating those words when I see some real focus fire, but whatever)

I have a new respect for support Galio, and I think that his full potential isn't completely realized yet.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JungleHunter

08-27-2010

Yes it is crazy i usually get Chalice Mercurys Abyysal scepter and tehn Force of nature or randuins depending on the team and then ill get guardian angel... banshees veill thornmail right after but yea... Galio is really good as a tank support..