When Prop 19 Passes = New Champion: Ganja

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bainemo

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damendar View Post
The only thing that got anyones' ire up was the comment that pot kills. Nope. No, it doesn't. It's likely the safest mind altering substance in common usage.

Alcohol? Not so much. Despite its legality, -that- is a drug that actually kills. Quite commonly, actually.

It's misrepresentations like 'pot kills' that tend to piss off the pro-legalization folks; quite rightly, because it's factually untrue.
"Guns don't kill people, bullets kill people"

High + Driving = Dead I think is what he was getting at

Picklesnshakes

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dimos View Post
Why is it that everybody who wants to legalize marijuana is always so pissed at everyone who doesn't? Isn't it supposed to calm you down?
Why were all those black people so mad when those southerners didn't want them to have freedom?

Because it's unjustifiable. When you look at facts, the prohibition of marijuana doesn't make sense. I encourage you to find out for yourself.

Quote:

Again, a misrepresentation. If that was true, thousands of teen bodies would be found alongside country roads.

Bainemo

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picklesnshakes View Post
Why were all those black people so mad when those southerners didn't want them to have freedom?

Because it's unjustifiable. When you look at facts, the prohibition of marijuana doesn't make sense. I encourage you to find out for yourself.
I know you're a stoner, but you surely realize that comparing yourself to slaves is going to piss off a lot of people

Picklesnshakes

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bainemo View Post
I know you're a stoner, but you surely realize that comparing yourself to slaves is going to piss off a lot of people
Where did I compare myself to a slave? You're completely off base, stop trying to sensationalize my post.

PlaidCactus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picklesnshakes View Post
Again, a misrepresentation. If that was true, thousands of teen bodies would be found alongside country roads.
Only a misrepresentation in a way. I actually know several people who say that they don't drive as well when they are high, so they tend to avoid driving if they know they are going to light up somewhere.

mindspin

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreall View Post
It's not about that.

People WILL always smoke it, but i completely agree with his post, as long as it's only legal in one state, i don't have to live there.

I am completely against all drugs, pot is a drug, pot kills, it's not good. People wouldn't just randomly decide to make it illegal.

I personally hope prop 19 does not pass (Assuming that's the one that wants to legalize marijuana).
/off-topic: OK, my friend, you have opened yourself for a little bit of a lesson in marijuana. It is illegal because of immigration throughout the 30's-present, as much marijuana finds its way over the border. In addition, there are tons of money in the textile (cotton) industry, which is threatened by hemp proliferation and has a lobby standing in the way. It has also provided many politicians fear campaigns that helped them higher their status, a la politicians during the Red Scare. No one has ever died simply smoking marijuana. No one. People have died doing unfathomably stupid things while under its effects, but even then it can't hold a candle to the amount of deaths caused over alcohol consumption, or even worse, many of the drugs used in the realm of pharmaceuticals. Marijuana is a step in the right direction; it would open the avenue of hemp in the textile industry, the food industry, and the medicine industry. I'm not telling everyone to go out and smoke pot, your choices are yours and I respect the fact that YOU respect others' choices. However, that being said, it pays to be informed. I highly suggest you do some research into the industries of composite hemp as a building material, as well as the edible and medicinal values of it. All of these things can be of great benefit to people globally.

Anyway, back on topic... I think in general a champion built around the idea of smoke or some kind of incorporeal form would be sweet. Perhaps I'll think of some ideas and post them, or something.

Layotees

08-27-2010

Quote:

So where's the counter proposition to make alcohol illegal again? Oh wait; they already did that almost a century ago. And rescinded it because it was stupid. Also probably a ploy to keep research into alcohol based car engines from weakening oil.

Kill The Seals

08-27-2010

I don't really care whether its legal or not, I just like for people to look at facts instead of spouting off nonexistant facts to prove their side of the arguement. For example, marijuana is, infact, only illegal to protect the lumber industry, aswell as a man named Henry Anslinger making it illegal because opiate and cocaine busts weren't enough to justify his drug enforcement agency. Second, marijuana has never killed anyone, throughout all of history, ever. It has never been concluded as the cause of death, so therefore, pot does not kill. Third, going to a bar and drinking is more likely to expose you to other, harder drugs such as meth, cocaine, and heroin than smoking pot, because most pot heads stick with *relatively* safe drugs, such as mushrooms and lsd (not getting into that one at the moment).

@ PlaidCactus: Potheads don't have to get high to havefun/feel good, it just makes fun things even more fun, and boring things more tolerable.

Damendar

08-27-2010

Quote:

Ok, go take a look at this. It's from 1997 until 2005, it was a statistic agencies started paying attention to when the very first laws decriminalizing marijuana appeared. It cites all relevant case data between 1997-2005.

You'll find the methodology and provision of the relevant statistical data too. It's an interesting read.

You will notice under 'Primary suspect in Death', i.e. the factor MAINLY responsible for death (to the degree of determining criminal culpability, anyway) a big fat 0 under the entry for Marijuana. You will see it listed as a 'Secondary' influence sometimes, but -never- as the 'Primary'. Not once.

Anyways, yeah. Don't comment if you don't know what you're talking about. I also heartily recommend Glenn Greenwald's in depth investigative journalism piece about the country of Portugal, and it's near complete deciminalization policy towards basically ALL drugs. Another interesting read, I suggest you check it out.

EDIT - Forgot URL haha. http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/v...ourceID=000145

Picklesnshakes

08-27-2010

I'm all for a Rastafarian themed character, though I'm not sure if pot-exclusive skills would be workable. It would be too much of a stretch for an ult called "Bake Out".