When Prop 19 Passes = New Champion: Ganja

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyov

Member

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icedflameoffire View Post
Biased documentary filled with comments like, I can jump off a bridge! Should bridges be illegal?

Go ahead and legalize it, don't complain when big tobacco takes control with it. Don't expect legalization to just be how it is now with no fear of getting busted or any negative consequence. We don't let people start drinking in parks, this applies for any drug.
Expect all local growths to be put out of business in weeks and watch big tobacco monopolize the marijuana market like they did with tobacco.
Ok that 'bridge' analogy is bull****, I hear the same **** from smokers 'well the air can give cancer should I stop breathing the ****ing air?!' no... the difference is that nicotine is IN freaking tobacco/cigarettes. the active chemical in marijuana is THC and when burned it doesn't do as much damage (if any long term effects).
cigarettes kill upwards of 100,000+
alcohol is 85,000+ deaths in a year.
please tell me when marijuana has ever killed from directly smoking.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyov

Member

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuruku View Post
I think people get too butthurt over smoking pot.

Did you know you don't have to do it if you don't want to? Holy **** amazing right?
When the **** has anyone ever forced you to smoke some ****ing weed? It's about it being legalized. When alcohol was ****ing re-legalized no one was like DRINK SOME ****ING BEER YOU *****.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Uccisore

Senior Member

08-27-2010

One last thing before bed.

I'd like to say something about the dangers of alcohol vs. pot.

My ex-girlfriends mother died of cirrhosis of the liver because of alcohol consumption, I spent some time with her in the hospital while she was trying to get a liver transplant, so I know something about that.

She began her day with a tumbler (big big glass) full of vodka, and continued from there. She was drunk enough that you couldn't really talk to her by noon, and stayed that way until bed.

Every single day. For years and years- was around 60 when it caught up with her.

You can't tell me someone who smoked that much pot wouldn't have serious problems. Maybe their liver wouldn't die, back up poisons in their system, and cause them to rupture and bleed to death through their stomach (like this woman), but it still couldn't be GOOD.

So, just remember when you're comparing alcohol to pot, to compare like consumption- you can't compare women like the one I just described, to somebody who gets high for a couple hours every weekend. You have to think about what people would actually do if pot cost 1/5th as much, was legal to smoke, and available in every store right next to the beef jerky and lottery tickets.

Alcohol isn't dangerous at all for the person who drinks it as infrequently as the typical pot user smokes. The extreme cases of EITHER drug are nasty.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arthas Menethil

Senior Member

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuruku View Post
I think people get too butthurt over smoking pot.

Did you know you don't have to do it if you don't want to? Holy **** amazing right?
"You can ignore it" is not a generally accepted argumentative technique. The reason is that it offers no real counterargument, and simply admonishes your audience to close one eye. One can do that with anything, it doesn't change matters.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

40ozBuzz

Junior Member

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreall View Post
It's not about that.

People WILL always smoke it, but i completely agree with his post, as long as it's only legal in one state, i don't have to live there.

I am completely against all drugs, pot is a drug, pot kills, it's not good. People wouldn't just randomly decide to make it illegal.

I personally hope prop 19 does not pass (Assuming that's the one that wants to legalize marijuana).
you would hate me then i'm half man half drugs


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Othello

Member

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaidCactus View Post
I've just never understood why people would ever want to get high/drunk. If you have to be in altered state of mind to have fun/feel good then something is wrong.

haha downvoted already for stating something that is essentially true.
You are unbelievably ignorant. It's not about having to be in the state to have fun, it's about letting lose and experiencing a different perspective of life.

If you say there must be something wrong with people who want to get drunk that classifies you as the dumbest ****ing person I've ever seen. Let's consider the facts ;

A. Alcohol has been around for THOUSANDS of years.

B. Every culture ever, and I do mean ever, drank.

Therefore, you are in the minority, since the entire world past and present drink. That makes you the one with a problem if we go by what my psychology textbook says about "normal" behavior.


edit - LOLOLOLOL at the ignorant person who thinks marijuana kills. I don't even smoke because it gives me anxiety, but if you honestly believe that marijuana kills you..

facepalm.jpeg
facepalm.jpeg


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ferisar

Senior Member

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othello View Post
You are unbelievably ignorant. It's not about having to be in the state to have fun, it's about letting lose and experiencing a different perspective of life.

If you say there must be something wrong with people who want to get drunk that classifies you as the dumbest ****ing person I've ever seen. Let's consider the facts ;

A. Alcohol has been around for THOUSANDS of years.

B. Every culture ever, and I do mean ever, drank.

Therefore, you are in the minority, since the entire world past and present drink. That makes you the one with a problem if we go by what my psychology textbook says about "normal" behavior.


edit - LOLOLOLOL at the ignorant person who thinks marijuana kills. I don't even smoke because it gives me anxiety, but if you honestly believe that marijuana kills you..

facepalm.jpeg
facepalm.jpeg
Oh, so because the majority does it it's automatically good, and anyone opposed is a ****tard, right? Way to justify yourself with:

IT'S OLD SO IT MUST BE GOOD

A LOT OF PEOPLE DO IT SO IT'S ALRIGHT WITH ME BRO

Invalid argument is invalid.

Also, what? Not used for putting yourself in an altered state? Because that's all these substances do. I'm not saying it's good or bad, but please think what you say.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Layotees

Senior Member

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uccisore View Post
One last thing before bed.

I'd like to say something about the dangers of alcohol vs. pot.

My ex-girlfriends mother died of cirrhosis of the liver because of alcohol consumption, I spent some time with her in the hospital while she was trying to get a liver transplant, so I know something about that.

She began her day with a tumbler (big big glass) full of vodka, and continued from there. She was drunk enough that you couldn't really talk to her by noon, and stayed that way until bed.

Every single day. For years and years- was around 60 when it caught up with her.

You can't tell me someone who smoked that much pot wouldn't have serious problems. Maybe their liver wouldn't die, back up poisons in their system, and cause them to rupture and bleed to death through their stomach (like this woman), but it still couldn't be GOOD.

So, just remember when you're comparing alcohol to pot, to compare like consumption- you can't compare women like the one I just described, to somebody who gets high for a couple hours every weekend. You have to think about what people would actually do if pot cost 1/5th as much, was legal to smoke, and available in every store right next to the beef jerky and lottery tickets.

Alcohol isn't dangerous at all for the person who drinks it as infrequently as the typical pot user smokes. The extreme cases of EITHER drug are nasty.
Congratulations, you've revealed your argument is based off of the idea that something that is physically addictive and potentially psychologically addictive is the same as something that is only potentially psychologically addictive.

Just remember when YOU'RE comparing alcohol to pot that these extreme cases for alcohol are practically non existant for pot, because pot isn't in actuality a physically addictive substance.

Also, you point out that you have no idea what the negative effects of lifetime marijuana use are, but you assume they're bad enough to warrant inhibition. Guess what? ****ing cheeseburgers are deadlier than weed, short and long term.

You point out that corporate america will jump all over making this legal. They made it illegal in the first place to protect investments in products that couldn't compete with recent developments in the uses of the hemp plant. You know why? A free-er market is a better market for the consumer, and corporations know it. Why do you think we're so tied up to oil? It's an inferior product given where technology is, hell, the original alcohol prohibition was because of alcohol based engine research threatening to drive gasoline car companies out of business.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ferisar

Senior Member

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layotees View Post
You point out that corporate america will jump all over making this legal. They made it illegal in the first place to protect investments in products that couldn't compete with recent developments in the uses of the hemp plant. You know why? A free-er market is a better market for the consumer, and corporations know it. Why do you think we're so tied up to oil? It's an inferior product given where technology is, hell, the original alcohol prohibition was because of alcohol based engine research threatening to drive gasoline car companies out of business.
I'd like citation on these two from multiple valid sources because I keep seeing them being brought up.

Also, don't play the "it's only x addictive, not xy addictive". IT'S NOT AS BAD doesn't make it good.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Othello

Member

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferisar View Post
Oh, so because the majority does it it's automatically good, and anyone opposed is a ****tard, right? Way to justify yourself with:

IT'S OLD SO IT MUST BE GOOD

A LOT OF PEOPLE DO IT SO IT'S ALRIGHT WITH ME BRO

Invalid argument is invalid.

Also, what? Not used for putting yourself in an altered state? Because that's all these substances do. I'm not saying it's good or bad, but please think what you say.

Well, i'm happy what I said went over your head. He said anyone who does that must have mental problems or some kind of problem. I am a psych major, and a problem occurs when you are in the minority and behave atypical to the majority. This is obvious, therefore, if the majority drink and he believes the majority has a problem, that means he has a problem.

It's arbitrary, but it's a valid argument to that ignorant person.