When Prop 19 Passes = New Champion: Ganja

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyov

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uccisore View Post
You don't get addicted to the pot your ******bag neighbor sells, no. I bet (but can't prove) people didn't get addicted to tobacco 200 years ago, either. The addiction issues are proven to be tied to what the tobacco industry did to their product.

All I'm saying is, legalized marijuana would be a whole different universe than illegal marijuana . You can't come to it with the assumption that if we legalize pot, things will be just like they are now, but without the fear of prosecution.
Are you trying to tell me that you'd rather have illegal marijuana usage and have people get in trouble because they're smoking a ****ing herb?

That point is completely off base and moot, there is no way you can prove that point at all and using that as evidence is just BS and refuse to believe it.

I don't think it would make people addicted considering most pot smokers smoke because it's fun not because they NEEEEEEEEEEEEEED it.

Uccisore

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyov View Post
You're a freaking idiot.
A. I don't smoke pot.
B. It was like 1 AM and there were no cars on the road and we were driving to get a snack from our local 24 hour convenience store.
C. How many people do you see get baked then go to work or drive on a major freeway...
NONE, right? How many times have you heard on the news "a man was caught smoking pot and then crashed into a tree". No, I have never, ever, ever heard of someone do that.
How often do people die in result of car crashes due to alcohol overdose? ALL THE ****ING TIME. and there are statistics on drinking and driving, which I'm not going to look up.
A. I don't give a ****.
B. A drunk driver could use the exact same excuse for his dangerous behavior.
C. And you don't think this has anything to do with alcohol being legally sold in every convenience store in the country? Google "pot car accidents". Everybody except drugpolicy.org (because of the peer-reviewing, you see) seems to know that smoking pot and driving makes you a danger to everybody around you.

Yuruku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2010

holy **** this thread is as ******ed as I thought it would be

Uccisore

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyov View Post
Are you trying to tell me that you'd rather have illegal marijuana usage and have people get in trouble because they're smoking a ****ing herb?
With regards to drug laws, I'm content with how things are right now.

Quote:
That point is completely off base and moot, there is no way you can prove that point at all and using that as evidence is just BS and refuse to believe it.

I don't think it would make people addicted considering most pot smokers smoke because it's fun not because they NEEEEEEEEEEEEEED it.
You don't think big tobacco companies would do with pot the exact same thing that they did with tobacco? Why the hell not? I mean, other than cause you don't want to?

EDIT: It's the middle of the night, going to bed now.

Icedflameoffire

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NubeToob View Post
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...4414651731007#

Just the video all the pro-pot people get their information from, very informative, a must watch if you want to even try to start arguing for either side of this... Just thought I'd throw this out here...
Biased documentary filled with comments like, I can jump off a bridge! Should bridges be illegal?

Go ahead and legalize it, don't complain when big tobacco takes control with it. Don't expect legalization to just be how it is now with no fear of getting busted or any negative consequence. We don't let people start drinking in parks, this applies for any drug.
Expect all local growths to be put out of business in weeks and watch big tobacco monopolize the marijuana market like they did with tobacco.

Lyov

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NubeToob View Post
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...4414651731007#

Just the video all the pro-pot people get their information from, very informative, a must watch if you want to even try to start arguing for either side of this... Just thought I'd throw this out here...
what???
i've never seen this...
and if you're trying to be sarcastic how different is this from guns germs and steel or any other documentaries out there that we take as fact?

Yuruku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2010

I think people get too butthurt over smoking pot.

Did you know you don't have to do it if you don't want to? Holy **** amazing right?

pyrokinetiq

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uccisore View Post
Like I implied, some ******* driving 20 miles an hour too slow requiring 100% of his concentration to figure out how to go around a corner is exactly as dangerous as a drunk who doesn't give a ****.

I understand that, Uccisore, but my point was, stoned while driving is far safer as you know you're ****ed and try to take care, it's not that while high you should drive, but it's far safer than driving while under the influence of alcohol or any other drug.

Weed isn't like this great thing that everyone should love and have no reason to dislike, the point is that it has LESS cons than alcohol or other drugs.

Weed is the LEAST BAD of anything people could take on the regular, you can't overdose on it, yes smoking it constantly for a long time might leave you brain****ed, but hey, if it wasn't for weed, that person would probably be twice as ****ed from some other drug that they would be taking instead.

TBH I doubt you have any experience, it sounds like you're just recycling what your school teacher taught you in 6th grade.

I'm Australian so I really don't care whether it's legalised in the US, I agree with what other posters have said that if it is legalised, tobacco companies will be the major producers and will most likely lace it with addictive and deadly chemicals like those in cigarettes, which is why I think it's best left illegal, the average stoner would suffer from it being mass produced and turned into a mass-market product.

I mean seriously, It's not like it's hard for us to get from our local dealers for decent prices, buying illegal weed is far cheaper, safer and of cause more fun than buying alcohol, imo it should be left like that.

durpado

08-27-2010

I don't get the fear that comes with it. If pot was legalized its not like its going to happen with some random prop that says, "Pot legal get find your kids, find your wife, and find your husband cuz we all blazing a bowl up and we are gunna go driving!".

There would have to be age restrictions and laws for it just like cigarettes and liquor. No smoking in bars and public places like cigarettes are now. No driving when blazed or you get a ticket or taken to jail just like a drunk driver. Amongst other things.

Bubonic

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreall View Post
It's not about that.

People WILL always smoke it, but i completely agree with his post, as long as it's only legal in one state, i don't have to live there.

I am completely against all drugs, pot is a drug, pot kills, it's not good. People wouldn't just randomly decide to make it illegal.

I personally hope prop 19 does not pass (Assuming that's the one that wants to legalize marijuana).

AHAHAH "POT KILLS" go find out why it was made illegal. I think it has something to do with the tobacco and cotton industries. Read nub. Also are you 14?