Most Underrated Champions in LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

julianjuvenile

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsuanl View Post
Vladimir, only seen twice in my life, incredbly annoying, i was playing as yi
believe me, vlad isn't underrated

Sacred Crow God

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by julianjuvenile View Post
because turrets can die to aoe, or in two hits from autos from someone with some ad.
his stun is only a stun if hit just right.
his rockets can be blocked by unintended targets. including minions.
add in the fact that some people think he is also bad because of all the nefs riot gave him during his stay at the league.

m1nt gr33n

06-15-2013

I would probably have to go with Sion on this one. The only person I have ever seen play him is me.

MrSc0tty

06-15-2013

Orianna. People think she's bad because she has one of the highest skill floors/ceilings of any champion in the game, if not the highest. She's squishy, you have to keep track of both her and her ball, and you have to do the geometry of who the ball will pass through if you throw it from where you are, or bring it back to you. You also have to maintain a distance from it with ori that it won't poof back to her, especially when you attach it to a teammate and use them as a nuke.

But then you get to the first game where you have Garen and Ori with a J4 in your jungle.... and you make your first pentakill deathblender...and it all makes sense. (Stick the ball to garen, have him spin, ult to grab the enemy team, Jarvan ults, instant ace.)

Sylvr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-15-2013

It's hard to call any champion underrated. Almost all of them have been big on the scene at some point or another. Orianna is picked in tournaments and high-level solo-queue frequently. Galio isn't up right now, but I remember a time where he was in all the major tournaments too. Until very recently, Nasus was practically unseen, and then he rolled through the competitive scene like a freight train.

I'd say a consistently underrated champion would be Poppy. Many people know that a mid-late game Poppy is something to be feared, but few have seen it first hand. Let me assure you, if you see a late-game Poppy running at you, and you don't have a bunch of summoners to burn, or a kit that is godlike for juking, then you might as well think about how you're going to spend your last few seconds of life. Reflect back on all the good times of your game, and think about what might have gone differently had you been somewhere else, or if someone else had been closer to the Poppy when she burst out of the bush next to you.

AskKarthus

06-15-2013

Orianna is not underrated at all, she simply does not get much low level play due to her ridiculous skillcap. I do not understand why someone would think she is underrated, she is already one of the top mids.

The problem with most of the underrated champions is that, while they may be strong at some things, they are normally outclassed (such as the Zilean example), or have massive, glaring weaknesses, such as Sion's trash early game, or Poppy's early game. Granted, they both can be gamebreaking late, they often don't get there. The reverse is true for other "underrated" champions, such as LeBlanc, who on paper look OP, with high mobility and damage, but falls off a cliff lategame.

The point is, there are either better champions to use in that role, or they have massive weakness that are easy to exploit.

Now to answer the question, I think the most underrated champion is Urgot. (And yes, he is also subject to my little rant. He simply has greater utility as a counterpick than most.)

Cyberderp

06-16-2013

Urgot is underrated, it takes a decent player to use him effectively, but he can be so ridiculously good when he's played right.

DarkFoxes

06-17-2013

I personally think that Shyvana is somewhat under-rated as a champion, ever since the S3 jungle changes. However, the most recent changes to the jungle may change that................

Kjetter

06-18-2013

Gragas. He has increadible pushing ability high mobility. and great ganks. He can farm any lane and push like wild. Plus a well farmed gragas can 2 shot almost anyone mid game. His ult also wrecks team fights throwing them all out of position.