Most Underrated Champions in LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MastaGW3

06-20-2012

I honestly think Zilean is very underrated in this game.. I think I'm the only person I've ever seen play him (I'm level 17 almost 18 now).. I've had awesome games with him (can't remember the record atm) and he can surprisingly solo very well up the mid lane along with being very supportive in a team fight.

Who else do ya'll think doesn't get enough attention?

O1din

06-20-2012

Zilean isn't actually that underated i think. I've seen alot of people play him, he's an amazing support and super annoying bot lane. Your only lvl 17 going on 18, i think its too early for you to declare him underrated.

Nil10

06-20-2012

Believe it or not, I think one of the best mids / off supports is heimerdinger. His rockets do 600 damage each, late game and you can spam. He has a stun and he has 2 turrets. Plus his ult makes slow damage for his turrets and increases their attack speed During you ult your stun grenade moves faster and you can shoot 5 rockets instead of 3. He is extremely annoying and he can spam the **** out of you with his turrets. He is the best mid farmer because he has 2 turrets and his auto attack shooting at minions at minions. But yet every one hates him and thinks he sucks.

MastaGW3

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by O1din View Post
Zilean isn't actually that underated i think. I've seen alot of people play him, he's an amazing support and super annoying bot lane. Your only lvl 17 going on 18, i think its too early for you to declare him underrated.

So you're saying...
The fact that I'm not level 30 yet, that I shouldn't be seeing people play Zilean?
I can honestly tell you I havnt played with one on my team, or played against in all the games I've played.

I would definitely call that underrated, espically considering how relatively cheap he is to some of the better champs.

henrik

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastaGW3 View Post
So you're saying...
The fact that I'm not level 30 yet, that I shouldn't be seeing people play Zilean?
I can honestly tell you I havnt played with one on my team, or played against in all the games I've played.

I would definitely call that underrated, espically considering how relatively cheap he is to some of the better champs.
He means that you are inexperienced and haven't seen ranked play yet. There are many champions that don't quite get played in lower levels but appear relatively often in higher levels and ranked play, one being Tristana.

HalcyonGlaze

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehehenrik View Post
He means that you are inexperienced and haven't seen ranked play yet. There are many champions that don't quite get played in lower levels but appear relatively often in higher levels and ranked play, one being Tristana.
This. ^^

Ranked gameplay, even at the 1000 level, is a lot more intense than little level 17s running around herping and derping. People MAY have started to get a handle on the game at your level, but they're far from good. Also some champs get really ridiculous with a full runepage as well, akali being especially notable; with a full mastery and runepage she can be played completely differently than she can at your level (i.e. both passive activated and you can go directly to boots with incredibly lethal Q autoattacks). That's just one example.

Also, about Zilean, the problem with him is sustain. If you have a sustain bottom, say taric adc, and you have a zilean adc against them zilean will be at a disadvantage to the taric. Why? Because taric heals and sustains his ADC in lane while creating similar pressure and damage with shatter and his stun. Could argue the same for Sona; same issue. She creates pressure with q and outsustains you with her e. Same with soraka; pressures with q and e and outsustains with w. And lets not get started on alistar who is a MASSIVE threat every time his flash is up (or you just wander too close to a bush or a tower). Or Janna who is massively ridiculous in breaking team fights (q and r omgoodness!) and for making saves. Janna who has an absolutely ridiculous spammable slow and she has sustain in lane with her shield (which is also damage).

So yeah, I would say your opinion on Zilean has a LOT to do with playing bad players. Play against good players of the other supports and play with a decent ADC and your outlook on supports will change real fast. Most of these things can be seen pretty quickly once you start watching ranked play. I suggest checking it out, or at least reserving judgement until you're 30 and have 100 or so ranked games under your belt.

HalcyonGlaze

06-20-2012

Oh, and also, remember that a lot of the pricier heroes (4800+) are going to be more uncommon at lower levels; once you get to 30 you'll see a lot more of em running around.

Daxx666

06-20-2012

Orianna. She is one of the strongest mid lane champs and can zone the hell out of anyone, but is often either never played or horribly played. She also has tons of damage plus utility that allow her to be viable throughout the game. Even after playing almost 1000 games I still rarely see her (unless of course I'm playing her) and when I do, typically its a fail.

Sokolniki

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastaGW3 View Post
So you're saying...

At lower levels, you'll most often be restricted to seeing people playing with free rotation champs as they are still deciding whether or not to spend real money on the game, and still don't have much IP to spend on runes and champions. What you'll see a particular shortage of are Jungling champs because runes are nearly required to make it remotely viable.

That being said, there is a difference between under-rated and underplayed. No one denies that Orianna is one of the strongest mid lane champs... but they will say she's extraordinarily difficult to play to her max potential and it takes a great deal of skill just to play her at an "Acceptable" level. Those who do master her tend to be the hardest players to lane against for the vast majority of solo-mid champs.

Prodominate

06-20-2012

Galio...hands down....he is never mentioned on the tank forums and has a awesome ulti that destroys in team fights...