Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Service stability - our number one priority.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Disillusion

08-29-2010

Quote:
Tryndamere:

One of the most challenging aspects of our stability efforts is our explosive growth. League of Legends is growing rapidly, and the rate that we’re adding new users is increasing every day. Our audience has been more than doubling every 3 months and the growth has been accelerating and this has made it difficult to keep up. The good news is that we believe we are very close to having some major and long term improvements that will give us a lot of additional room for growth.

Sounds like you have yourself some exponential growth. It's going to get even more out of control if it keeps doubling every 3 months. You'll own the entire world in no time.

Why did you not anticipate this growth? And is your team growing at a corresponding rate to your user base?

Steppenwolf

08-29-2010

Good news about the extra room for growth.

But about instability, is there any present issues with south american servers? Because me and a friend( from brazil) are having the same latency problem. We used to play with around 250ms, wich is acceptable and don´t influence our gameplay that much, just a small delay will not be the reason of us losing, and i guess is caused mostly by the distance from USA( and terrible overall brazilian net service). But for the past few days we´re both been having the same 500-600ms and lots of freezes. I just hope it doesn´t go on for long.

iTUNA

08-29-2010

i have to say that for once i am thoroughly impressed by riots improvements over the past few days. i was ready to stop playing but am glad that issues are slowly being resolved and its a noticeable difference. keep up the good work riot. ive doubted u guys in the past but you're proving to be a reliable group.

Jarenth

08-29-2010

Thank you Riot for being a solid step above the majority of your competition. By being open, frank, honest, and DETAILED about the problems you are having, you show a level of equality with your customers which many companies have lost.

I hope for the best with you and your issues. I enjoy the game and would love to see this company retain this exact attitude as they grow.

Kaihekoa

08-29-2010

How about some compensation for the infinite PvP.net bugs and all the downtime during prime gaming hours over the past month instead of a heartfelt speech? By your own admission the PvP.net client was rushed to save time and money, and is the primary source of problems with the game. It should be redeveloped from scratch as a long-term solution to the server instability and client bugs.

broseffgoebbels

08-29-2010

I understand, and you guys are doing great nevertheless. Unfortunately for me, I bought an IP boost two different days, and for both of them, the servers went AWOL, cutting out about 3 hours total from the boost, but hey, its bound to happen...
anyways, hope the problems clear up, and the extra stress reduced.
god speed

Vaishir

08-29-2010

thanks for the info..keep up the good work and thank you for providing such a great game for free...!!

superdooper

08-29-2010

I don't see any real reason to complain for even the smallest technical difficulties. We're all playing a basically free game that TOTALLY ROCKS. I've literally been playing others games and thought "hmmm. I could be playing LoL". Keep it up RIOT.

AnubisWrath15

08-29-2010

people dont appreciate how great this game is...and it free!! Incredible that you provide such great service and have such conviction about continuously raising the bar. RIOT you guys really make me believe true gaming is still alive

TheOldStrategist

Recruiter

08-29-2010

Your service is much appreciated and I truely believe you guys are doing your best. I've seen bad customer service and by far, Riot Games has had the best customer service for a free game. (: