1000 ranked games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

About 6 Narwhals

06-20-2012

i agree with the guy who suggested duos that gives you the oppurtunity to either mid and jungle and create a big gap in that lane or having duo bot lane and skyping each other to compromise better thats what i have been doing lately

Sterwine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by datuglykid View Post
So I've recently played my 1000th ranked match and my elo is 900ish, much lower than I thought it should be. But now comes the realization that I am just bad and this is where I belong seeing as my win % is as close to .500 as it could be. But I still find myself believing I am better than 9/10 players I am in the game with and its tiring babysitting.

But I do remember a time not so long ago when I was playing against people competitively, people that could gauge situations as well as me along with similar cs ability and map awareness. This was around 1100 elo, when I remember quality games where people actually fought for their ward positioning with pinks and oracles and the struggle to gain map control was part of the game.

And now I remember how I played against tougher competition. I crumbled. When I got out farmed or gave up a lead in lane, that would snowball and I would essentially be the reason we lost. I got upset and even ended up trolling a few games here and leaving a few games there. I guess I am elo hell.

But if you can learn anything from this poor sap(perhaps if you are in a rut), you will acknowledge that there is this thing that exists. BETTER PLAYERS. You are better than a lot of people. But you are worse than a lot of people too. You can't win every lane whether it is through cs, kill, or towers. Learning how to lane against better players is something I never figured out being as bad as I am, and I know plenty of you are on the same boat. But if we learn to sit back and play damage control, take only what is given(and identified as not bait), and learn the nuances of the opposing player maybe it can help close the skill gap between us and them. Usually at this point we are heavily reliant on our teammates so call for their help, clear wards, call flashes blown and set them up for a gank. Help them help you. And hope they don't talk trash to you. But they will, so try not to let it affect your game. Just say sorry and learn from your mistakes.

On the flipside don't talk trash to your team. Whatever you type is being read by someone somewhere and your words are sitting in his head getting his focus of his already flawed game. Why would you distract your teammate with harsh unnecessary criticism, and in turn chances of winning. I have played many a game where an idiot was bound to throw the game in his lane so I give him just one gank, and with the advantage he gets a few more kills himself and gets the turret down. They may still fail late game as I have often seen but at least they beat down and even baddier baddie, giving you a better chance at victory.

But then again we are playing a child's game how much maturity can we really expect.
Cool story bro. Tell it again.

TekBubs

06-20-2012

no lifeeee

Rawrful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2012

I love this OP, he essentially realizes that he is pretty much where be belongs plus or minus 50 Elo. That there are reasons he is where he is, and things he can improve. I actually think that posting this is going to help him a lot, because he identified his issues.

After 1000 ranked games, no matter what your Elo Hell myth is, you are pretty well guaranteed to be statistically where you belong. Sad but true for most people.

That whole helping people help themselves and help you is the real key to winning games. By far my most successful role is jungle. Not because I'm a particularly godlike jungle player, but because I do my absolute ****dest to make sure every one of my lanes is succeeding. I babysit even if it hurts my farm a little. I get some kills, but if possible I let others on my team get them. I clear wards for my team and place wards for my team. Where the mentality for solo lanes is 'crush your lane, try to carry' the mentality for jungle is 'Try to make all your lanes crush their lane.' Sure, you get all the blame if anything bad happens, but when you win you know that those early kills and wards really helped every player on the team do their best.

Big Nasty Nate

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trizzent View Post
at first i read this i was like LOOOOOL, then i stepped back, and realized, **** man, u should of made another acount and gave it another go instead of LITERALLY BECOMING THE DEFINITION OF INSANITY
yea but once you have all the right runes and what not ... kinda frustrating starting over. I barely play my second account now cause I don't have the runes I want :P .... Although, smurfing is a lot of fun

Deviok

06-20-2012

1,000 games, that's like minimal 333 hrs. my goodness LOL

Shearsy13

06-20-2012

Quote:
But I do remember a time not so long ago when I was playing against people competitively, people that could gauge situations as well as me along with similar cs ability and map awareness. This was around 1100 elo, when I remember quality games where people actually fought for their ward positioning with pinks and oracles and the struggle to gain map control was part of the game.
Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa i cannot stop laughing! that is sooo funny! Btw 1100 elo is extremely low and not competitive at all... just a bunch of trolls doing their thing. 1600's are full of trolls too. The competitive area is around 1900 to 2000k elo. Reason this being is that they are sooo close to ELO heaven. If they reach to 2100 to 2200 they can play what ever they want with out caring. Mid Elo begins at 1600 - 1850 and High elo begins at 1900 to 2600. Low elo is everything below 1600.