1000 ranked games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

datuglykid

06-20-2012

So I've recently played my 1000th ranked match and my elo is 900ish, much lower than I thought it should be. But now comes the realization that I am just bad and this is where I belong seeing as my win % is as close to .500 as it could be. But I still find myself believing I am better than 9/10 players I am in the game with and its tiring babysitting.

But I do remember a time not so long ago when I was playing against people competitively, people that could gauge situations as well as me along with similar cs ability and map awareness. This was around 1100 elo, when I remember quality games where people actually fought for their ward positioning with pinks and oracles and the struggle to gain map control was part of the game.

And now I remember how I played against tougher competition. I crumbled. When I got out farmed or gave up a lead in lane, that would snowball and I would essentially be the reason we lost. I got upset and even ended up trolling a few games here and leaving a few games there. I guess I am elo hell.

But if you can learn anything from this poor sap(perhaps if you are in a rut), you will acknowledge that there is this thing that exists. BETTER PLAYERS. You are better than a lot of people. But you are worse than a lot of people too. You can't win every lane whether it is through cs, kill, or towers. Learning how to lane against better players is something I never figured out being as bad as I am, and I know plenty of you are on the same boat. But if we learn to sit back and play damage control, take only what is given(and identified as not bait), and learn the nuances of the opposing player maybe it can help close the skill gap between us and them. Usually at this point we are heavily reliant on our teammates so call for their help, clear wards, call flashes blown and set them up for a gank. Help them help you. And hope they don't talk trash to you. But they will, so try not to let it affect your game. Just say sorry and learn from your mistakes.

On the flipside don't talk trash to your team. Whatever you type is being read by someone somewhere and your words are sitting in his head getting his focus of his already flawed game. Why would you distract your teammate with harsh unnecessary criticism, and in turn chances of winning. I have played many a game where an idiot was bound to throw the game in his lane so I give him just one gank, and with the advantage he gets a few more kills himself and gets the turret down. They may still fail late game as I have often seen but at least they beat down and even baddier baddie, giving you a better chance at victory.

But then again we are playing a child's game how much maturity can we really expect.

R3dund4ncy

06-20-2012

Hmmm, it could be worse... if you dropped about 300 points you would fall into the eternal pit that is ELO HELL!!!

Fluffyknowsyou

06-20-2012

1100 is still hell, these people are usually fresh nubs who just started playing ranked, while 900 lacks anything deeper than "buy wards,but we dont know what to do with them so just ward everything!". My last 4 games, 7 out of ten players had less than 30 wins under their belt. They're still getting their elo fixed while screwing with mine by rage quitting at the champion select,

xenoeatsyou

06-20-2012

try to get a good duo part and maybe you can raise your elo, it help a lot to have at least 1 more good player with you on your team.

TeknoWizard

06-20-2012

Dang. This is... surprisingly well written and truthful. Regardless of what it is, I know how much it sucks to admit someone is better than you.

+1 to you sir. I wish you luck in improving and getting even better at the game.

Big Nasty Nate

06-20-2012

Once your in hell you cant get out. The closer you get the 1100 the more fresh ranked players you face/get paired with and the lower you get the more afk/dc/feeders you face/paired with. Its a lose lose issue. I'm at 1000 or so elo now (i logged off not checking after several 4v5 losses) and I know the pain. No matter how try-hard you are or how nice and cooperative you are, you still have to deal with players that are not encompassing these ideals. At the end of every game I'm usually top for farm and over gold or kills (even when i play support) and I'm not saying I'm amazing at this game, I probably below in low elo, but trying to get above 1200 is literally hopeless once your near 1100 elo.

Respect to your 1000 games bro,

TekBubs

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by datuglykid View Post
So I've recently played my 1000th ranked match and my elo is 900ish, much lower than I thought it should be. But now comes the realization that I am just bad and this is where I belong seeing as my win % is as close to .500 as it could be. But I still find myself believing I am better than 9/10 players I am in the game with and its tiring babysitting.

But I do remember a time not so long ago when I was playing against people competitively, people that could gauge situations as well as me along with similar cs ability and map awareness. This was around 1100 elo, when I remember quality games where people actually fought for their ward positioning with pinks and oracles and the struggle to gain map control was part of the game.

And now I remember how I played against tougher competition. I crumbled. When I got out farmed or gave up a lead in lane, that would snowball and I would essentially be the reason we lost. I got upset and even ended up trolling a few games here and leaving a few games there. I guess I am elo hell.

But if you can learn anything from this poor sap(perhaps if you are in a rut), you will acknowledge that there is this thing that exists. BETTER PLAYERS. You are better than a lot of people. But you are worse than a lot of people too. You can't win every lane whether it is through cs, kill, or towers. Learning how to lane against better players is something I never figured out being as bad as I am, and I know plenty of you are on the same boat. But if we learn to sit back and play damage control, take only what is given(and identified as not bait), and learn the nuances of the opposing player maybe it can help close the skill gap between us and them. Usually at this point we are heavily reliant on our teammates so call for their help, clear wards, call flashes blown and set them up for a gank. Help them help you. And hope they don't talk trash to you. But they will, so try not to let it affect your game. Just say sorry and learn from your mistakes.

On the flipside don't talk trash to your team. Whatever you type is being read by someone somewhere and your words are sitting in his head getting his focus of his already flawed game. Why would you distract your teammate with harsh unnecessary criticism, and in turn chances of winning. I have played many a game where an idiot was bound to throw the game in his lane so I give him just one gank, and with the advantage he gets a few more kills himself and gets the turret down. They may still fail late game as I have often seen but at least they beat down and even baddier baddie, giving you a better chance at victory.

But then again we are playing a child's game how much maturity can we really expect.

Too much time on your hands

OG Skywalker

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by datuglykid View Post
So I've recently played my 1000th ranked match and my elo is
at first i read this i was like LOOOOOL, then i stepped back, and realized, **** man, u should of made another acount and gave it another go instead of LITERALLY BECOMING THE DEFINITION OF INSANITY

Triboon

06-20-2012

it is possible... i let my brother play on my account till i beat Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword and well i was 900 ELO till i logged on... i was 1400 but he dodged queue 2 times to get it 2 1380 so i wouldnt be siver xD but yeah its possible but then i dragged it down. anyway his ingame name is Sin Lee. he played brand, ahri, or lee sin to do it! maybe this will give you guys some hope!

OG Skywalker

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Nasty Nate View Post
Once your in hell you cant get out. The closer you get the 1100 the more fresh ranked players you face/get paired with and the lower you get the more afk/dc/feeders you face/paired with. Its a lose lose issue. I'm at 1000 or so elo now (i logged off not checking after several 4v5 losses) and I know the pain. No matter how try-hard you are or how nice and cooperative you are, you still have to deal with players that are not encompassing these ideals. At the end of every game I'm usually top for farm and over gold or kills (even when i play support) and I'm not saying I'm amazing at this game, I probably below in low elo, but trying to get above 1200 is literally hopeless once your near 1100 elo.

Respect to your 1000 games bro,
meh i dropped below 1k at one point and am now gold, u and the OP could do it to, u lack key knowledge however, and thats play the most over powered champs there are, and play the champs that are always banned when they are not banned (shen) especially at your elo. Darius is a really nice carry out of elo hell (mind u mord is great in ur elo as well as jax, and a skilled malphite) because THEY MAKE BAD PLAYERS SAY STUPID OP AND THEN THEY SURRENDER. Srsly. Win ur lane with Darius, take teleport so u can counter gank bot lane whenever the other teams jungler is ganking and JUST TELE R, R, R <-- i do this in gold elo and it works like a charm (its like the perfect counter gank that makes the other team not gank, and when they do gank THEY BE ****TIN WHEN THEY SEE DAT DARIUS COMIN FROM BEHIND.

Oh and making up for your teams mistakes is a huge thing in lower elo too. <-- dont ever forget this.