Sauron's Super-Duper Mega Intergalactic Dominion Guide Version 2.0!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Painkillar

06-20-2012

Keep your eye off my ****ty Morgana good sir!!!11111

DiscworldDeath

06-20-2012

Note, I wrote this 5 hours ago, when I read 90% of the guide, but then I had to go pick up my graduate diploma, so only posted now, some questions, some nitpicks, some copy-editing, numerized for easier reference/responses:

1. Elo base is 12
2. Starting Elo 1150-1400 depending on answer given, "How experienced are you with MoBAs?"
3.Revive source, european meta. I heard it said before on the NA forum perhaps, many months ago?
4. Execution is over 10 seconds, or should be.
5. Who's on first, not whose
6. Flat Damage Reduction mastery is post resistances, so if you're playing a tank, they're even better late game. Ask Volandum for math.
7. Stormshield - gives extra health, useful on high resistance people, perhaps.
8. Annie runes are missing, got another mastery line.
9. Ahri, should at least mention maxing W against melees.
10. Darius: Should be noted the final offense mastery point doesn't increase his ult's damage. But does help the passive finish runners.
11. Janna: Flat tank should be flat armour for seals? No items, full tank should go here?
12. Jax note: You only need one level of W to reset the auto attack, but at low levels you can't do it often. If you go into a fight and sit there, which is more likely top, that's when W makes more sense. Harass a bit and retreat at bot and sure, W can be taken later.
13. Why 21/9 on Nasus? I see you going 21/9 a lot, while I prefer 9/21, so using him as an example.
14. How is Wukong's Q bugged?
15. Volibear: "So he wants" rather than "to he wants".
Why no Spirit's Visage? :P
16. A surprisingly small numbers of suggested Frozen Hearts.

It took me a long time to read. I blogged a lot, so I can figure out how long it took to write. Thank you for taking that time.

Redeemed In Fire

06-20-2012

I do object to the following:

Also, Mana Potions are generally a waste of money (Even in SR) and should only be gotten on a few top lane casters at the start of the game.

Mana potions, by the time you chug one, chances are that pot is gonna restore upwards of 300 mana. Even one is basically another mana bar early game, so don't hesitate to grab it on any champion who uses lots of mana in fights or poking. After early game though, usually either one's mana bar grows into usage or one buys a dedicated Mp5 item and they aren't necessary.

Zeoroot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2012

Shen´s items are also missing, I think.

It´s a great guide though, I usually build hybrid Jax and tanky Noc so trying the builds listed here will be interesting at least <3

Sauron

06-20-2012

Thanks for pointing out errors guys, I obviously didn't proofread all of it :P. It took a while to get it moved from notepad to the forums, especially when it started autobanning me for 10 minutes after every edit/upload for doing too much in a short time. I think I'll add onto section 10 a list of links to good suggestions/additions made in this thread for people to jump right to them (copying suggestions into the guide would probably hit the char limit pretty fast).

Zeoroot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2012

¿Mind if I ask you what do you think on Frozen Mallet on Noc?

Sauron

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by irott View Post
I have similar questions for QSS, Wit's End, and Hexdrinker/Maw for AD champs. If I have no need of QSS in a game I find that the difference between what sort of MR to get is situational or per the champion. For example I find that taking Wits End on a J4 works very well since the attack speed helps do more dps and get more slow procs from a TF. On wukong or someone else with more AS I will go with hexdrinker.
Yeah the purchasing of hybrid or defensive items is dependent on who you're against, but the guide assumes you're against 2 physicals and 2 magic with a mix of types in bot lane due to ganks. If you're only against one type of damage, go nuts with the defense on that and ignore the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoMitchel View Post
hey Sauron you may want to fix Annie's runes lol
Fixed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevlJoe View Post
Still reading through it but one thing I have to say: Definitely does not have an a in it. This is a pet peeve that I will never get over.
A what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
Lack of FH on Skarner items or toplane mention broke the other half of my heart.
Another incomplete item list probably due to a queue pop, sorry. FH is actually supposed to be on there, but I still firmly believe he's a much better bot champ than top. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeoroot View Post
Shen´s items are also missing, I think.
Fixed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
Mana potions, by the time you chug one, chances are that pot is gonna restore upwards of 300 mana. Even one is basically another mana bar early game, so don't hesitate to grab it on any champion who uses lots of mana in fights or poking. After early game though, usually either one's mana bar grows into usage or one buys a dedicated Mp5 item and they aren't necessary.
Perhaps I was a little too harsh on these items especially with the cost reduction in this patch, but nonetheless I feel Mana Potions don't come close to Health Potions early in the game and I only buy them on a few champions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeoroot View Post
¿Mind if I ask you what do you think on Frozen Mallet on Noc?
Going the Mallet/Atma's route on Nocturne is effective, but it does depend on the matchup whether or not the tankiness is needed. Generally if Noc joins in a team fight that was already initiated, he has enough CC and gap closing ability to go a more glass cannon with how much he gets to lifesteal when his abilities are up (and on minions between fights).

Mallet is a really good item though.

Zeoroot

06-20-2012

Thanks a lot for your answer

Sauron

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
Note, I wrote this 5 hours ago, when I read 90% of the guide, but then I had to go pick up my graduate diploma, so only posted now, some questions, some nitpicks, some copy-editing, numerized for easier reference/responses:

1. Elo base is 12
2. Starting Elo 1150-1400 depending on answer given, "How experienced are you with MoBAs?"
3.Revive source, european meta. I heard it said before on the NA forum perhaps, many months ago?
4. Execution is over 10 seconds, or should be.
5. Who's on first, not whose
6. Flat Damage Reduction mastery is post resistances, so if you're playing a tank, they're even better late game. Ask Volandum for math.
7. Stormshield - gives extra health, useful on high resistance people, perhaps.
8. Annie runes are missing, got another mastery line.
9. Ahri, should at least mention maxing W against melees.
10. Darius: Should be noted the final offense mastery point doesn't increase his ult's damage. But does help the passive finish runners.
11. Janna: Flat tank should be flat armour for seals? No items, full tank should go here?
12. Jax note: You only need one level of W to reset the auto attack, but at low levels you can't do it often. If you go into a fight and sit there, which is more likely top, that's when W makes more sense. Harass a bit and retreat at bot and sure, W can be taken later.
13. Why 21/9 on Nasus? I see you going 21/9 a lot, while I prefer 9/21, so using him as an example.
14. How is Wukong's Q bugged?
15. Volibear: "So he wants" rather than "to he wants".
Why no Spirit's Visage? :P
16. A surprisingly small numbers of suggested Frozen Hearts.

It took me a long time to read. I blogged a lot, so I can figure out how long it took to write. Thank you for taking that time.
1. Okay, I usually gain changes of 4-6 Elo and see 10 on other people.
2. Quite certain that prompt doesn't affect Dominion but I could be wrong -- I know quite a few top SR players who showed up as 1200 when they tried their first game.
3. I'm not sure whether I or the Euro meta was using Revive first, but I do know I was the one that made my team start running it and I'm fairly certain it was our team's use of it in tournaments that caused it to become so widespread (It helped that Nekrogen put it in his newbie guide).
4. There was some SR thread about executioners where Guinsoo confirmed it was 15, I don't think its different for other maps.
11. More errors!
12. Not really, you still want the reduced CD on his E, especially if you're just sitting there. W's cooldown at level 1 is more in line with Q's cooldown at level 5.
13. Both work, but for a lane bully I prefer the additional damage. I'll add it in.
14. Armor reduction applies before hit so it does more damage than intended especially with Trinity.
16. It got abbreviated as FH, and there should be a good amount of them listed.

Okay gonna try to upload more pictures now that I've waited for about 6 hours. Inc autoban #7.

DiscworldDeath

06-20-2012

2. It does, we checked it with smurfs when JabeBot came out, but they may not have done it the same for accounts created before Dominion was released.
16. I expected more Mostly an amused note.