Sauron's Super-Duper Mega Intergalactic Dominion Guide Version 2.0!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sintok

Junior Member

03-30-2013

Ahh okay, thanks a lot. I'll give that build a go and hopefully have some fun results! Would love to play a game or two with you sometime and smooth out the rough edges lol. I might have to find a Dominion team and give competitive play a shot.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ekis the Seraph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazdek View Post
Bumping for update,

Ekis, how are you playing Soraka? What is your ideal against a balanced team build? Why don't you look me in the eyes when we're making love?!
The ideal is:
For typically bot:

Prospectors, Ionian's, Frozen Heart (or Athene's, depending on who's bot...like Nunu), Abyssal Scepter, Will of the Ancients, and if you're lucky enough for the match to last long enough, Wooglet's. You want her to be tanky enough to take a pounding yet be able to shred things around her long enough for the enemy to go away.

For top, follow the same build, but after Frozen Heart build a Runic Bulwark, then Rylai's, then take a pick between Abyssal Scepter or Will of the Ancients. You'll essentially be an aura AoE tank up top that allows the rest of your team to beat on them while they try to pummel you down. You'll also boost their defensive and/or offensive capabilities with certain auras so try to think of it that way.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-03-2013

this goes front page!, and no other place


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kavi

Senior Member

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekis the Seraph View Post
The ideal is:
For typically bot:

Prospectors, Ionian's, Frozen Heart (or Athene's, depending on who's bot...like Nunu), Abyssal Scepter, Will of the Ancients, and if you're lucky enough for the match to last long enough, Wooglet's. You want her to be tanky enough to take a pounding yet be able to shred things around her long enough for the enemy to go away.

For top, follow the same build, but after Frozen Heart build a Runic Bulwark, then Rylai's, then take a pick between Abyssal Scepter or Will of the Ancients. You'll essentially be an aura AoE tank up top that allows the rest of your team to beat on them while they try to pummel you down. You'll also boost their defensive and/or offensive capabilities with certain auras so try to think of it that way.
Why Ionian and not Sorc's for bot? I wouldn't think CDR would be that important on botlane, since a lot of my damage seems to come from my Q, which is spammable anyway. Also, what do you think of Iceborn Gauntlet as a more offensive alternative to FH? And do you ever build BFT?

edit: I've only played one game as soraka bot since BFT was introduced; I rushed abyssal into bft and soundly defeated (in succession) a lee sin, a fizz, and an elise. But it was just one game, so idk.

I like your top build a lot, will have to try that sometime, some people don't like it when I pick soraka though


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavi View Post
Why Ionian and not Sorc's for bot? I wouldn't think CDR would be that important on botlane, since a lot of my damage seems to come from my Q, which is spammable anyway. Also, what do you think of Iceborn Gauntlet as a more offensive alternative to FH? And do you ever build BFT?

edit: I've only played one game as soraka bot since BFT was introduced; I rushed abyssal into bft and soundly defeated (in succession) a lee sin, a fizz, and an elise. But it was just one game, so idk.

I like your top build a lot, will have to try that sometime, some people don't like it when I pick soraka though
He Picks Lucidity on bot lane cuz he doesn't want to be Like CInderella; sitting in a dark cold dusty cellar waiting for somebody to come and set him free...


xD, sorry didn't resist


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lcronovt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-09-2013

Wow! Thank you very much this is what I was looking for.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warmeat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-09-2013

you left out how do i move with my champion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ekis the Seraph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavi View Post
Why Ionian and not Sorc's for bot? I wouldn't think CDR would be that important on botlane, since a lot of my damage seems to come from my Q, which is spammable anyway. Also, what do you think of Iceborn Gauntlet as a more offensive alternative to FH? And do you ever build BFT?

edit: I've only played one game as soraka bot since BFT was introduced; I rushed abyssal into bft and soundly defeated (in succession) a lee sin, a fizz, and an elise. But it was just one game, so idk.

I like your top build a lot, will have to try that sometime, some people don't like it when I pick soraka though
Sorc's suck, as with Soraka you aren't really building her for damage. She has horrible ratios as it is, and after a few Starcalls unless they build heavily into MRes, you're going to be able to reduce them to near 0 anyways (if not negative) so the 15 Magic Penetration on the boots are effectively wasted after a certain point, even more so if they don't really build MRes in the first place.

You want CDR bot to maximize healing abilities and Q spam. Rushing 40% CDR means you can effectively help top with R and be able to keep yourself up since Soraka's not meant for damage. Sure, rushing BFT in some cases work (when they aren't targeting you or just flat out building horribly or going in 1 by 1 and dying) but that build can make her extremely squishy for mediocre damage from her Q spells. Also because of Soraka being the way she is, she can run out of 18 charges pretty rapidly before they actually be at the point of dying...an aggressive player could just eat through all of that and just hit Soraka where it hurts -- she can't take sustained DPS without building tanky, and even more so she'll die horribly to burst champions that can supply more damage than she can outheal.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kavi

Senior Member

04-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekis the Seraph View Post
Sorc's suck, as with Soraka you aren't really building her for damage. She has horrible ratios as it is, and after a few Starcalls unless they build heavily into MRes, you're going to be able to reduce them to near 0 anyways (if not negative) so the 15 Magic Penetration on the boots are effectively wasted after a certain point, even more so if they don't really build MRes in the first place.

You want CDR bot to maximize healing abilities and Q spam. Rushing 40% CDR means you can effectively help top with R and be able to keep yourself up since Soraka's not meant for damage. Sure, rushing BFT in some cases work (when they aren't targeting you or just flat out building horribly or going in 1 by 1 and dying) but that build can make her extremely squishy for mediocre damage from her Q spells. Also because of Soraka being the way she is, she can run out of 18 charges pretty rapidly before they actually be at the point of dying...an aggressive player could just eat through all of that and just hit Soraka where it hurts -- she can't take sustained DPS without building tanky, and even more so she'll die horribly to burst champions that can supply more damage than she can outheal.
+1. I think I agree with you, but pardon if I play devil's advocate a bit longer

I recognize that in the game I played I was nearly always 1v1, and when they ganked my team was not far away. But isn't that a reasonable risk in solo queue? I main Heimer who has a similar principle; push, zone, poke, repeat. I guess the main difference with Heimer is that he can win 1v2-1v3 when they engage badly, whereas Soraka has a harder time kiting (no slow/stun). But Sora is, if anything, even less vulnerable to burst due to her heal and passive MR. It's not much, but I found that it always kept me alive long enough. If you know that with your lane matchup you can be aggressive early, it seems a shame to compromise that. With Heimer, I tend to build closer to tanky-cdr if I'm going top, or if bot is particularly active, but generally I build carry, even when on the defensive, at least until I have enough dps to 100-0 my lane opponent in a few seconds. Otherwise, I can't properly capitalize on small advantages in lane.

Have you ever tried Catalyst / RoA? Also, have you ever tried building damage early and only building tankier lategame?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orphane

Senior Member

04-12-2013

Soraka going offense early with no CDR or defense like that would get eaten by anyone who can camp speed shrine and then all-in her, like Jax, or probably Xin.