Sauron's Super-Duper Mega Intergalactic Dominion Guide Version 2.0!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redeemed In Fire

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoidInsanity View Post
100% disagree with the entirety of the above, and I hope this segment is not the reason I have been seeing a ton of terrible Mordekaisers popping up on EUW in the past month. Full mpen glasscannon bft rushing is something I tested at the very start of preseason 3 when the pen change kicked in, its a gimmick hard countered by champion with a sustain going for Hexdrinker-QSS/Catalyst-QSS exchanging you. Abyssal is a terrible item since the pen changes as it kicks in pre-voidstaff/flat pen, and having no spellvamp item is just silly. Don't get me started on how bad of an item Rylai's is (Unless you are top lane, then its semi-decent).

There is no reason to not gank the **** out of him if he's built like this.
Spellvamp suuuucks unless you're a champion with a strong single target damage spell to abuse the reduced values you get (i.e. fid, cass, maybe vlad). Have fun healing for 30 per E...

But then, I'm sure you'd advocate revolver rush on Rumble too.

VoidInsanity

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
Spellvamp suuuucks unless you're a champion with a strong single target damage spell to abuse the reduced values you get (i.e. fid, cass, maybe vlad). Have fun healing for 30 per E...

But then, I'm sure you'd advocate revolver rush on Rumble too.
Because Rumble and Morde have exactly the same playstyle now don't they?

It's even less than around 30 per creep, but it is required to not kill yourself with spellcosts. A Q or a Sheen Q on a single minion or champion however is alot, you can get a few hundred HP from that easily. It also allows you to safely heal with W off creepwaves in situations where you are screwed. The EHP Spellvamp gives in combat on Morde is alot higher than on other champions because of his shield. I used to troll alot in S2 by skipping spellvamp and buying it as a last item just to showcase how better 12% spellvamp is than an extra defensive or offensive item. More importantly than everything else however, outside of his ulti spellvamp is the only form of sustain Mordekaiser can acquire and a bot laner without sustain is worthless since they will die to poking or his spellcosts. Mordekaiser is extremely prone to this as he short ranged with no CC, escape or gap closer. Spamming HP pots works only in the earlygame.

Morde shouldn't prioritise spellvamp, but he still needs at least some of it. Hence you should get a revolver and never upgrade it.

Redeemed In Fire

01-20-2013

Quote:
Because Rumble and Morde have exactly the same playstyle now don't they?

It's even less than around 30 per creep, but it is required to not kill yourself with spellcosts. A Q or a Sheen Q on a single minion or champion however is alot, you can get a few hundred HP from that easily. It also allows you to safely heal with W off creepwaves in situations where you are screwed. The EHP Spellvamp gives in combat on Morde is alot higher than on other champions because of his shield. I used to troll alot in S2 by skipping spellvamp and buying it as a last item just to showcase how better 12% spellvamp is than an extra defensive or offensive item. More importantly than everything else however, outside of his ulti spellvamp is the only form of sustain Mordekaiser can acquire and a bot laner without sustain is worthless since they will die to poking or his spellcosts. Mordekaiser is extremely prone to this as he short ranged with no CC, escape or gap closer. Spamming HP pots works only in the earlygame.

Morde shouldn't prioritise spellvamp, but he still needs at least some of it. Hence you should get a revolver and never upgrade it.
300 damage E, Revolver spellvamp * 0.8 for the self heal penalty and times 0.33 for the AoE penalty = 9.5 heal per unit hit. All you've done is spent 1200 gold towards killing yourself about 40% slower than you do (assuming you have 3 minions and a champion to hit *every time*); which is okay but I'd rather have that gold put towards killing the enemy faster than you die.

Basically, spellvamp is hard enough to get on this map that unless you have a really strong reason to buy it AND the ability to actually use it, you shouldn't get it.

Also, WTB more posts like this from you

Redeemed In Fire

01-20-2013

Quote:
The thing is, Morde needs that 40% killing himself slower to be competitive otherwise the other guy whomever it may be can just jump on you for overextending as you'll have lost 200-300hp or so from pushing. For simplicity's sake lets assume with CDR Mordes E now has a 5 second cooldown, you can attribute the Revolver to 1 blasting wand and 1 hp/5 item for 1200 gold. Now on small waves this is trivial but playing Morde correctly (especially earlygame) requires you to get a large wave. Spellvamp on a largewave covers the spellcost and will give you full shield which is around a ruby crystal to facetank retaliation and win.

You can do this twice in a row as it takes 2 E's to clear a wave at level 5. So for arguments sake let's assume a double stacked wave and we have 60ap, this means our E is hitting for 196 damage per minion 8 times so 1568 damage and with 12% spellvamp assuming we have the pen for truedamage (will be slightly under at this point in time due to pre penboot) we get the following.

For 48 health we get a 150.5 hp heal (This includes the -20% aura, without it is 188.16) and full shield (240hp) and we can do this twice in a row. So for 96hp we get +300 hp and 480hp's worth of shield and this is instant healing, and it only gets better from here. Even if the wave is is not stacked provided we hit at least 2 minions our spellcost breaks even. In short it means every E we do is potentially worth a HP pot, 10 successful uses we have made our money back and saved a fortune in hp pots.

This is the math for just the 12% however. You really should be using 6% spellvamp runes for 18%, then you end up with 400+hp heals from stacked waves. If you want more wisdom like this from me, stop being such an idiot in every topic you appear in and you can consider it payment.
spellvamp = 33% strength on AoE spells. In your level 3(?) E example with 1500 AoE damage, you'd barely vamp enough to make back your health cost with just revolver, and with quints it's raised to about 70 vamp. Spellvamp's performance really *is* abysmal. In fact, it's so bad, I'm going to go create a thread on how bad it is.

VoidInsanity

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
spellvamp = 33% strength on AoE spells. In your level 3(?) E example with 1500 AoE damage, you'd barely vamp enough to make back your health cost with just revolver, and with quints it's raised to about 70 vamp. Spellvamp's performance really *is* abysmal. In fact, it's so bad, I'm going to go create a thread on how bad it is.
I noticed, I forgot about the 33% during calculations which is why I removed the post because it made me look like a total arse while also being completely wrong(I did wonder when I was doing the maths that something was up, but queue pop). So this one time I'll hold my hand up though I still consider you rather moronic due to your trolls in other topics. Anyway it does allow you to break even in the health cost of the spell which will save you a fortune in hp pots and the reason I consider it a must due to the current state of Morde. Unless you can keep your HP maxed people will notice that you are killing yourself which requires a fortune in hp pots since hp/5 is even worse than spellvamp.

Yes Spellvamp is a terrible stat compared to Lifesteal, but for Morde to sustain he needs it otherwise people will take advantage of you killing yourself. One of the reasons I take 6% is to buffer the hp costs while rushing a void staff. I been trying to get spellvamp buffed to 50% for awhile now, but like most of my ideas it takes around 6 months before people realise something needs to be done about it (for example - minion MR being stupidly high and it technically still is since flat pen got nerfed in accordance to S3).

FeanorAlmighty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

Bump for justice

Golly

02-01-2013

bump

Waii Nosferatu

02-02-2013

Archangel's on singed? you mean ROA? xD

Golly

02-06-2013

Bump, for exposure and to keep those hide-and-seek threads off the top.

MajorUrsa

02-10-2013

Bump