Sauron's Super-Duper Mega Intergalactic Dominion Guide Version 2.0!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rumpus Flustered

01-15-2013

Hey Sauron, any word on what you're building on Jax in S3? I just returned to the game and have been getting a lot of flack for using the piecemeal crit build that worked so well last season. With nerfs and all, what exactly has changed in what you're building, generally?

Sauron

01-15-2013

Piecemeal crit still works, but Cleaver + Ghostblade + LW is where it's currently at for many champions now.

Sauron

01-16-2013

Okay finally bothered to finish the champion sections of the guide, so now it's finally fully up to date for S3. There might be an occasional hiccup on the champ descriptions as it is tedious enough to update just 109 builds, but whatever. Time for sleep.

Sincere Beauty

01-16-2013

I appreciate all the work that is put into this guide. It really helped me when I started playing Dominion and I still use it from time to time. So thank you, and I'm also glad to see it updated!

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

Lulu is in the section 6-3 Nasus through Nunu section again.

DiscworldDeath

01-16-2013

Sneaky yordle. Tries to get closer to Mordekaiser.

Sauron

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyx87 View Post
Lulu is in the section 6-3 Nasus through Nunu section again.
Fixed, thanks.

ShinySylvee

01-16-2013

Hey sauron, what do you think of the new changes to BFT? Do you still think it's an item that should be gotten early by most mages, or do you think it's more champ specific now since it's so expensive?

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2013

@ Sauron

In section 2.2 - masteries, you posted :

In Season 3, most people will be running:

21-0-9
21-1-8
29-0-1
9-0-21
9-21-0
0-21-9
15-15-0

Why not provide a link showing those specific builds? I think it would be much more helpful than just showing the numbers allocated in each tree

VoidInsanity

01-20-2013

Quote:
Mordekaiser:
Roles: AP Carry, Bot Laner (typical)
Masteries: 21-0-9
Runes: MPen, flat Armor, scaling AP, MPen quints
Order: huE->Q->W
Items: Sorc's, BFT, Wooglet's, Abyssal, Void, Rylai's
Strategy: Mordekaiser is a bottom laner and does not have a terribly strong start. Leveling his E first is an obvious choice as it lets him harass and push at the same time, while Q versus W is more of a situational decision. If you're dealing with someone you frequently get close range with, take Q, or if they keep getting close to their minions, take Q and use the splash on it to hit them. Otherwise, take W. Morde doesn't do a whole lot other than farm and harass until he's level 9 or so, when he can start to actually make moves on the enemy laner.
100% disagree with the entirety of the above, and I hope this segment is not the reason I have been seeing a ton of terrible Mordekaisers popping up on EUW in the past month. Full mpen glasscannon bft rushing is something I tested at the very start of preseason 3 when the pen change kicked in, its a gimmick hard countered by champion with a sustain going for Hexdrinker-QSS/Catalyst-QSS exchanging you. Abyssal is a terrible item since the pen changes as it kicks in pre-voidstaff/flat pen, and having no spellvamp item is just silly. Don't get me started on how bad of an item Rylai's is (Unless you are top lane, then its semi-decent).

There is no reason to not gank the **** out of him if he's built like this.