Sauron's Super-Duper Mega Intergalactic Dominion Guide Version 2.0!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tortferngatr

07-14-2012

Hmm. So far I've had the most success as Karthus top lane using the following build:

-Start Chalice+Boots+pots, taking 1 point in each skill.
-Rush Hextech Sweeper and Sorceror's Shoes-the former for the utility/CDR and the latter for power.
-Build Giant's Belt-> Rylai's Crystal Scepter.

Rylai's and Sweeper are your core items.

After this, you need Grail, Void Staff, and one defensive armor item that has Chain Vest in it. Options to consider are Frozen Heart, Zhonya's, or Warden's->Randuins. (If you take any armor item that isn't Frozen Heart, replace your Sorcs with Ionians.) You end up with lots of damage, bulk, AND utility.

Initially, try to keep your distance-use your E when the enemy gets too close, but abuse your Q poke whenever possible. Your W is your team's best friend for boosting your team's DPS-it also works decently with champions who like the slow (like Shyvana.) Use your ult for DPS or kills. R->Q->W=E, leveling E when you need push and W when you need to team support.

Revive+Garrison are my usual summoners. I go 21-1-8 with movement speed over mana regen.

You can eventually swap out bot if the need arises-once Karth gets his pushing power...

WotA, I've found, feels like a noob trap on top laner Karthus. Rabadon's has the worst build path in the game and takes up an item slot I could easily spend on Void Staff.

Any comments?

DiscworldDeath

07-14-2012

I've seen someone on eu-w do well starting Catalyst for top lane Karthus, which lets him stay in there for a really long time if he's not killed outright, and the health gives you a harder time dropping him.

RoA is pretty good on Karthus.

Cless

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2012

Bump to the first page for people to read.

LigerZeroXX

07-22-2012

bump this **** sticky it do what ever to keep it fornt page material

KamiKhaZix

07-23-2012

So what's your take on Jayce?

Drubie

07-26-2012

bumb with a hope of the new toons get updated

HaIfhearted

07-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by H A V O K 1988 View Post
So what's your take on Jayce?
He's OP.

Jayce has a strong, AD caster-like early game, and transitions into what is practically an AD hypercarry once he finishes his Infinity Edge.

Boots/Pros Blade/pots > Brutalizer > Ionians > IE

He has extremely strong poke, hard cc (that also does significant % hp damage), a gap closer, and (arguably) the best AS steroid in the game.

DiscworldDeath

07-27-2012

I think late game Tristana's AS Steroid is miles ahead, when combined with the rest of her kit.
And don't forget Fiora/Eve have a 120% AS buff, and Fiora's resets on kills/assists.

I personally suggest going the Ezreal route, and I mention Ezreal because people act as if there aren't plenty of AD carries who go for Triforce, so Triforce Jayce is "dumb" - Sheen into Sanguine Blade into Triforce.

Volandum

07-27-2012

I personally get Trinity Force as a 6th item, and often have enough CDR that I can skip the brutaliser/ghostblade.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2012

you should share your knowledge vlolandum,