Hextech Gunblade on Katarina?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ValdorianNA

06-27-2014

I noticed that I autoattack a lot with Katarina. Do you think she benefit from this item, maybe even together with hybrid runes and masteries? I usually build Sorc boots, BFT, Void. But because the opponent usually don't build much armor, I could replace Voidstaff with Gunblade. What you you think?

subqt

06-27-2014

The fact you would even think that replacing void staff with gunblade even sounds like an idea, makes me die a little inside. I can't even

iDontCareLmao

06-27-2014

Gunblade is a much more expensive item than Void Staff is and Katarina makes no use out of the spellvamp / lifesteal (AoE gets 33% from spellvamp and her autos do so little damage that the lifesteal is negligible).

And penetration... is a very powerful stat. Since all four of your abilities do magic damage I don't think its viable to ignore magic penetration like that.

Penteano

06-27-2014

I abandoned every build that used Gunblade on Dominion. That item is good but in this mode it just feels like taking too much time to build and you won't have the time needed for the other items making you stay behind your enemy.

Fancy Wolf

06-27-2014

For overall damage we found out gunblade does work better as a FINAL SLOT

Standard pen BFT stuff works better for your first 5 items.

SlasherBag

06-27-2014

You're paying for stats you don't need/won't make good use of. The best part of gunblade is the active, and kat doesn't have enough single target spells to put the CD on it to good use. If you buy gunblade on anyone they better have attack speed and a good amount of single target spell (and even then its not stellar).

IMO you'd be better off getting a better active slow like twin shadows. You still end up with Sorcs BFT void, and then the TS gives you: MS, an active slow, more AP, and CDR - all things that kat can take a real advantage with by comparison.

Mirkwoodia

06-27-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy Wolf View Post

I agree with Fancy!!!

Flore

06-27-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy Wolf View Post

Not that it's often you get to a 6th item, and even then, a defensive item or utility (in the form of twin shadows for bush checking) might be the safer bet.

ZallKlos

06-27-2014

If you auto attack that much, get a Lichbane as final item, I mean, you'll have around 600-700 ap at that point.

Reviren

06-27-2014

Hextech gunblade on Katarina used to work REALLY well back when she still had good AD ratios, which essentially amplified her ultimate and Q damage, and resulted in a big power spike. She also made very good use of the spellvamp from it because her W gave her ultimate huge damage because of the extra damage per hit. After the rework, however, her AD ratios are just too low for her to make good use of gunblade, she lost the free damage from her W and furthermore, it's a very expensive item on dominion. I recommend you just avoid it, simply because other items are better on her now.