Fiddlesticks [Guide Request]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tarion

11-01-2009

Hey all,

Just here to beg a moment of our more experienced Fiddlesticks' time. I've not played much 'Sticks since his fairly recent (although fairly minor, as I recall) redesign. I was wondering if guides such as this one and this one are still relevant with a re-designed Fiddlesticks, in a metagame without Runes.

From what I've read, he was a popular ban for the Couch Athletics tournament, so I'm sure people are doing well with him, but I'm not sure how they're building him.

Before people tell me to go try him out myself, I will be doing. But in a team game (And without a pre-made team to practice with) I don't want to bring 4 other people down because I'm pratting about trying a character I'm not used to.

FuzzeWuzze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-01-2009

i would like to see one too, every time i play him i seem to get owned hard. I dont understand how you are supposed to play him with so many disables in the game. Even PUGS know to just wait for you to pop your ult and then stun you...then with horrible life and runspeed(even with boots of movement) you die instantly.

Glorious Bird

11-01-2009

Game is rough for Fiddlesticks. Drain is easily prevented and stopped, Fear is good but the cooldown is too high. His "nuke/"silence is okay, but pretty below average.

Problem with Fiddle is he is insanely outclassed in every area by frequent heroes and hes easily shut down. Ideally to synergize and actually pull off your ultimate you'll want flash and/or Anunu(sp)'s ultimate.

Right now his nuke is way too weak. The damage should be buffed, and/or the bounce reliability should be buffed, and/or the cooldown significantly lowered.

Considering his drain is fairly useless his silence should have a lower cooldown, but keep the damage. This should be relatively spammable since its his only way of dealing damage.

Fear is good, but the cooldown is high and it should last about a second more - especially when you consider Shaco has his jack-n-boxes that can be placed all over and fear.

Simply put hes not even worth playing. You could be really good, but you just won't be able to work with him because while his moves synergize well with eachother they rely on precision and prayer that your enemies have zero disable - which is unlikely.

Right now if you had to play him Banshee's is probably a must eventually, Ninja Tabi or Movement 3 boots, and Rylai or Rod of Age stacking. Instead of going for AP, though, it might be better to go for tank items since really the damage and AP scaling of his silence is laughable and he has no other reliable damage moves aside his ultimate which you may get more bang for your buck with banshees/additional tank items than with stacked AP as you will live out the duration of your ulti. Then again, of course, theres there problem of failing to keep up with end game with lack of AP. May want to consider half/half.

Nether

11-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suruga Monkey View Post
Right now if you had to play him Banshee's is probably a must eventually, Ninja Tabi or Movement 3 boots, and Rylai or Rod of Age stacking. Instead of going for AP, though, it might be better to go for tank items since really the damage and AP scaling of his silence is laughable and he has no other reliable damage moves aside his ultimate which you may get more bang for your buck with banshees/additional tank items than with stacked AP as you will live out the duration of your ulti. Then again, of course, theres there problem of failing to keep up with end game with lack of AP. May want to consider half/half.

Sunfire Cape?

Ignastio

11-01-2009

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...277#post246277

There ya go, hope it helps.

Uthgar

Recruiter

11-01-2009

Fiddlestick doesnt really excel in a lane. Where he shines is in team fights with good initiators. He is a great jungler or semi jungler. Ghost walk and smite are what I take when I want to do that. You can start with a red crystal and solo golem and everything else but dragon.

Darkwind is one of the best skills in team fights in the brush. A good ult and then DW will win you a fight. Your AP really wont make a difference if you land a good ult, so I like to build him for survivabilty. A catalyst or two and turn it in to ROA or Banshee's depending on what the other team looks like. Later on I get rylias or Abysall depending on how the game is going. You want to level Darkwind and fear with one point in life drain. You could do life drain if you wanted to make sure you can solo dragon, but a lot of teams wont let you get dragon.

Just remember to be patient and let others initiate or move in simultaneously with you. You will get a lot more mileage out of your fiddle.