Low ELO support advice needed.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Misae

06-20-2012

I feel the same way. I main support play but in the end it feels like always an uphill fight to gain that 13 elo one game then lose 15 the next. Any advice on runes or improvements I can make to better my game play would be appreciated

Strill

06-21-2012

Wow! I just finished two games as Support Leona and I'm convinced on what summer spells I'm taking for solo queue: Exhaust and Teleport!

I was with a Miss Fortune, and she was doing terribly. She couldn't recognize when the enemy Caitlyn was walking up to poke her with Headshot. She was firing from the brush and giving my position away. She wouldn't go in even after I pinged, and we were generally doing badly. I thought I was screwed due to a bad carry, but then I remembered: I brought Teleport! I looked around the map and saw top was 2v1 with Shen & Akali vs our Irelia near her turret. Once I saw them move towards her I teleported to a minion behind them. They apparently didn't pay attention to it because I arrived just as they started to tower dive, and we killed both of them. We won the game, with me at 7/7/21 and Irelia at 23/8/10. I just know that that teleport is what turned things around.

I'm definitely taking teleport with me in any game where I'm solo queueing as Leona. If I can't support my carry, I'll support someone else.

midillusion

06-21-2012

Quote:
I feel the same way. I main support play but in the end it feels like always an uphill fight to gain that 13 elo one game then lose 15 the next. Any advice on runes or improvements I can make to better my game play would be appreciated
Well, for runes, your support runepage is fine, but if you really want to main supports, you ideally want to have 2 support runepages, one with flat armour seals for offensive supports, and one with gp10 seals for passive supports. This will make you a lot more flexible when facing different situations. For your masteries, I personally would max out Wealth instead of taking one point in Strength of Spirit since your first item is going to be a philo stone.

Just from looking at your match history, I would say that one of your main problems is that sometimes you do strange things with your builds. For example, getting a Morello's and a Soul Shroud on Nunu. I personally don't like these 2 items, on any champion, and for a support with limited income, there are better items to get. I also don't agree with you getting your shurelya's on your last Sona game given the teamcomp.

Rushing a shurelya's is all well and good IF your team needs it for initiation. However, in your team you had an Ashe and an Amumu, who both initiate from range, so there was no need for the shurelya's there, and you would have been better keeping the philostone and getting a Zeke's herald to help Ashe or an Aegis. Now, as it happens you won that game, but if the match had been closer, having an aegis instead of a Shurelya's might have made the difference, as well as the extra gold income you would have got.