Why is purple the ''bad'' side to play on?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FraggingBard

08-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVelproSaint View Post
I play on Locked Cam and it does not mean i am oblivious to teamfights. It just means that i miss most of my skill shots. Too bad they wont change it.... =(

Dont tell me to "get better at the game" because i play on Locked. It is a preference. You should not have an advantage for landing a spot on the blue team.
It's a preference that traps you. I used to lock and everything was focused on myself. It was easier with champions like Garen, harder with Ezreal. Then I unlocked and everything became free, to the point where I spend as much or more time watching other lanes than I do mine. It does take a while to get used to, but knowing a gank is about to happen and being able to change things with a ranged ult (GP, Ashe, Ez, Shen, Lux) or head down there yourself can really change a game around.

You can look elsewhere when you're locked, but you'll spend more time watching your champion than the rest of the map. It also makes skillshots much easier especially while moving around.

Actually on topic, getting to Dragon or Baron is harder for Purple, getting from Red to lane is quicker for Purple. It's a tradeoff. The only plus side is wards are usually placed at the outside of a pit, so Baron is easier to steal for Purple and Dragon is easier to steal for Blue by using a Flash esque ability to get over the wall and bypassing the ward.

manojnfs

08-16-2012

what is purple?

Nykidemus

08-16-2012

Because the interface covers more of the "hostile" part of the screen more often.

When you're blue you dont have to watch the bottom of the screen nearly as much, as that's closer to your base, so it doesnt matter that it's covered with UI junk.

On purple side, more of the part of the screen that you can expect bad things to come from is covered in UI.

Leonive

08-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danish Vikingz View Post
Purple side is fine, there is just a lot of players who should improve their game and unlock the camera?

How are you going to watch the other lanes and really know what is going on, when your focus is only on your champ.

It so stupid and i can't stress enough the importance on unlocked camera.
How are you going to know, when you should Shen ult in to save an ally, when to engage/finish with karthus etc.

LOCKED CAMERA WILL KEEP YOUR SKILL LEVEL.

Most of the time I look at the map to see any MIA's and don't need to physically move the camera to another lane to watch the battle, that only is necessary in spectate. Also it takes time to constantly move your cursor to edges of the screen to track where your character goes, that hinders important time that could be used placing skill shots etc.
I would much prefer purple side had the option of a 180 degree rotated camera.

Shardicus

08-17-2012

There's a bit of a tilt that makes it a real pain in the ass early-game.

Necroing

03-07-2013

Purple team is pure garbage. It's 2013 and Riot can't fix the camera view to make it look the same as blue side which is really sad. I never play Aram's or blind pick because of being on the purple side. I play with an unlocked camera however it's just plain nonsense where I can't see that far ahead on my skillshots. If I end up landing on purple I always pick support. In draft pick I'll que dodge second pick most of the time and in proving grounds I always go team 1. I played Ranked in Brazil making it to gold however I stopped because of this new league system and the fact that que dodges means league point loss. However according to this new update 03/07/2013 if you don't pick a champion, everyone gets kicked out of que and it doesn't count as que dodging. This will make me play ranked and stick to first pick(blue side).

Daxith

03-07-2013

I think riot should just flip the jungle around so that the red/wraiths/golems should be on the right side of the map and blue/wolves should be on the left side? I think that would make it more fair for jungling advantages

KevT 66

03-07-2013

it can bother me because you cant see whats in front of you..i think riot should make it possible to turn your camera to be behind your back. i cant play with unlocked cam either because when you get near the bottom of the screen it pans..and then you miss abilities or summoner spells.

Exleon

09-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevT 66 View Post
it can bother me because you cant see whats in front of you..i think riot should make it possible to turn your camera to be behind your back. i cant play with unlocked cam either because when you get near the bottom of the screen it pans..and then you miss abilities or summoner spells.
I play without a locked camera but I totally agree that the camera should be flipped behind you.

Artist Bogrim

09-06-2013

When I support blue side, I don't think it necessary to ward the tribush early at bot lane because it's an extremely long detour for the jungler to pass down without mobility and if the gank is unsuccessful, he will essentially have put himself behind. As purple, it's almost always necessary because that is the route their jungler comes from (and at the same time, I can't afford not to ward the river bush).

Just the same, when pushing up the lane at blue I can get away with warding just dragon and their blue and keep our push safe. When at purple side, I need a ward at the tri bush, a ward at the dragon and at least two more additional wards in their jungle (usually around the bush at their wraith and the bush directly north from their second turret).

Following the same logic, when playing top as blue I'm relatively safe at my turret---the tree walls block vision relatively well and the choke point make it risky to try and backdoor me at the turret. But at purple, the only thing protecting me is a very thin tree wall that's easy to jump over with most abilities and Flash.

Blue side also has the dragon towards their jungle, which gives a huge advantage in terms of logistics. It's much easier to sneak behind the dragon for a surprise flash + gank/steal than it is when playing purple. Purple side has Baron, but he's first really doable much later in the game when the first turrets have most likely been downed and the jungles aren't as relatively safe anymore.