Turret Damage needs to be BUFFED

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aminty101

06-30-2012

Turrets have been causing a lot of problems in recent games.

At level 6 someone who has 500 health left can take 2 hits of turret damage.
Turrets need to be buffed

KROTANK

06-30-2012

500hp is roughly the average starting hp for most champs...(closer to 400 for squishier champs, closer to 600 for tankier). That being said, at level 1, most champs can take about 2-3 hits of turret damage and make it away safely (assuming they receive no additional damage).

In other words it's completely reasonable that someone can take 2 hits with 500hp left; especially at level 6. It sounds like you were dived and someone flashed out - perhaps you should learn when to recall/when it's not okay to stay under the turret?

Kalidascope

07-01-2012

Well I still think Turrets need to be buffed, at least late game they need to progressively get stronger so people can't just make a team of let say Riven, Lee Sin, Allistar, MordeKaiser, and Ahri. A team like that is SOOOO BEEFY you kind of need some turret support at all in order to make a come back if you fall behind. Other wise they will just have Ally take the turret. I mean sure 1 tank teams, maybe the turret doesn't need a buff, but so they can't just push through like its nothing I suppose they should do more. This is coming from someone who usually plays an AP Mid. My Malzahar can even tank a turret late game.

Shinako

07-01-2012

I believe they changed turret damage recently so that the starting damage is low, but as it continues to fire the attack speed and armor pen increase, so it's more dangerous to tank it for long periods of time now.

I really don't like it now because it's too easy to tower dive.

SaveTheMaids

07-01-2012

I agree.

I tried to use a squishy the other day, and unfed/unfarmed Malphite and Ezreal are literally chasing me in circles under my turret while hitting me, kill me, and get away unscathed. Neither of them used an ultimate, and I was at full heath before they dived me. They did it to me 4 times. Had I used any bruiser ever... they both would have just been dead.

Can't even farm safely under my tower early game.
Never using a squishy again.

That's why I like tanky characters with innate healing abilities, so I can troll-heal through their damage and double kill them when they pull reckless stuff like that.

TwiztidSynergy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-01-2012

Why not make the towers "level up" over time kind of how the jungle camps do now? I mean it makes sense to me anyway.

TheHawtPotato

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-01-2012

tower do gain damge as the game progresses i think

MasterEvilAce

07-01-2012

Why not give turrets some sort of buff, similar to Irelia's passive? The more -friendly- champions near a turret, the stronger the turret is. So if you leave the turret, it can be taken down. If you're using it to defend yourself, it gives you more protection against an assault.

I do feel turrets are insanely weak and mostly useless, especially early game when it's most important. When a friend of mine played Warwick, and I mained Fiddlesticks, I would jump in with a fear, and life drain to tank the turret, while Warwick comes in and harasses freely, sometimes just ulting. He would rarely ever take damage, and I would never die. If I ran away and was low on health, I just life drained a minion. Being that Fiddlesticks is probably one of the most squishy characters in the game... I don't feel that's right, and looking back, I actively feel sorry for the people we killed.

These days, playing squishy characters carries a huge risk. You really shouldn't rely on towers for -anything-.

CuteCake

07-01-2012

outer turrets are kind of okay, turrets in the base need buffs. I also think they should prioritize attacks on low hp champs

Vikaryous

07-01-2012

ITT: People who don't know tower-hugging with 1/4 health is bad