To all those spamming Doran's

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raylite

08-27-2010

It's chock full of fantistical fail. Thank you for the feed.

Polaritie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2010

I've heard its decent for TT, but on SR, any more than one Doran's as your first item is silly.

Urobolus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2010

Wrong. Doran's items give great stats for their price, making stacking them very viable. However, they do not scale well, so they're only good for matches that WILL end quickly (this is the majority of games on Twisted Treeline, but Summoner's Rift has it's fair share of quick games).

Try again.

Kryptix

08-27-2010

Doran's Ring Janna would like to have a word with you.

Krouch

08-27-2010

I enjoy getting two doran's blades on ez sometimes.

exoup

08-27-2010

Nothing wrong with two doran's if I had a rough start, bro.

Whist

08-27-2010

Well if you do it right you get them to kick ass early on and then use that money to purchase real items.

However, it's hard to rely on kicking ass early on because things might happen that prevent it and thus you've just wasted money.

Kaelthas

08-27-2010

On Kayle, i usually buy two doran's rings if im not able to buy a Blasting Wand and Boots on the first return to base.

ArgentFire

08-27-2010

Stacking Doran's items is perfectly viable to give yourself a quick early game advantage. On most casters that I start with Doran's Ring, I usually end up grabbing a 2nd Ring along with boots on my first recall. Think about the stats of a Doran's Ring. With 2 of them, you get 240 HP, 10 MP/5, and 20 AP for the low price of 870. The stats of 2 Doran's Rings are equal to an Amplifying Tome, 60 more HP than a Ruby Crystal, and 3 more MP/5 than a Meki Pendant. If you bought all 3 of those items, the combined cost would be 1260. I'd do the math for both the Sword and the Shield, but I think that you get the picture. Of course the stats are awesome, but they come with the price of being unable to be upgraded, so it's really up to you whether you want the early stat boost or want to get started on building something more expensive.

TL;DR Doran's items are super cost effective for the stats they offer.

Detha

08-27-2010

Getting doran's items is like getting elixir's, except you can decide when they end. A Doran's Item only costs 217g if you sell it, and it gives stats worth of 800g~ (aside from the shield, it gives a lot less gold-stats), whereas an Elixir of Fortitude gives around 1200~g worth of stats.