Taric, Shen, and other non-carry champions ...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CheetosFritos

08-27-2010

didnt you used to be a blue?

fr0ztbyte

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by exoup View Post
When I can dive safer than the carry, I'll do it. I'm also not willing to risk your last tick of ignite not killing said champion. Likewise, stop stealing my kills because you have a mejai's or soto.
I'm fine with going 1/5/14 as a tank/support, but I won't have **** for items to tank or support with because you're stealing every ****ing kill and no one on your team can do anything.
I didn't think it was possible for my post to have been misinterpreted so drastically. I'm not saying that you don't get _any_ kills. I'm saying that you should be _trying_ to feed your carry, not risking another player living in order that your carry _might_ get a kill.

If your carry is in the jungle and your opponent is at half health, go for it. Taunt him. Sunfire him to death. Whatever you need to do. But if your carry bursts out of the jungle and takes someone down to 10hp, don't fire your Taric stun for the last hit.

Teh Idort

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2010

Kills don't matter unless there's a stacking item involved. Gold is gold. I'd rather the tank get the kill than the enemy get away.

I still get gold, I still get assists.

K/D/A isn't srs bsns (unless you're feeding or w/e) as long as you're working with the team.

fr0ztbyte

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Idort View Post
I'd rather the tank get the kill than the enemy get away.
I'm not saying to let the enemy escape because your carry isn't capable of killing him. I'm saying if your carry bursts someone to low health, don't steal the kill.

Ralk

08-27-2010

There are some instances where an enemy is completely paralyzed and death is inevitable - it's just a matter of who gets the kill. However, most kills (and this is especially true during laning) involve a lot of uncertainty. If you hesitate for a half second or wait an instant for your carry to get the last hit, your opponent could flash away, Soraka or Shen could ult, the enemy jungler could arrive, your opponent could pop a red elixir.... the list goes on. There are so many ways to narrowly avoid death in LoL. For this reason, I think any hesitation should be discouraged. In general, my mindset when playing LoL is, if there is an opportunity, make the kill happen through any means necessary, even when I'm playing Taric.

I also agree with some of the other posters who say you want the wealth spread over your team. One powerful champion can be CC'd and nuked down. A powerful team is unstoppable.

OttoVonGosu

08-27-2010

As a Taric player, I need to point out how well the carries I support , can farm off creeps compared to me , so I believe they can get by very well with the 4 average kills I get per game.

Far from KSing, if I can get the kill , I will.

On a side note , the value added in a team of a well farmed support character is just as game winning as a well farmed carry, this community doesn't seem to be able to appreciate it because everyones so blinded by the scoreboard..