Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Taric, Shen, and other non-carry champions ...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fr0ztbyte

08-27-2010

Do not kill steal from your carry, especially if you are laning with him. When you get kills, you die less. When your carry gets kills, well, he gets lots more kills.

If your lane gets 4 kills, and you steal three of them, your carry is 1-0. Essentially, your carry is doing about 25 to 50 damage less per hit. What are you doing? You are taking about three more hits in a team fight.

An example for clarification:

If you're tanking and your carry is in the jungle and your opponent is at half health, go for the kill. Taunt him. Sunfire him to death. Whatever you need to do. But if you're at your turret and your carry bursts out of the jungle and takes someone down to 10hp, don't fire your Taric stun for the last hit.

-Steve

TL;DR:
Don't steal kills from the carry.

(Note: Warwick gets red buff priority over Shen. That is all.)
(Another note: I try not to play carries, as I enjoy tanking much more. My history shows mostly carries at the moment, because I felt like climbing ELO, but I'm hoping that there will be some competent carries at higher ELO.)

Morgueington

08-27-2010

I would rather have a decent team instead of 2 people with all the kills and gold. Their team feeding off the weaker 3 members of you team.

Not fun. Since Exhaust or a stun can shut down a carry easily.

Mr Fehr

08-27-2010

People need to learn to tank. I'm always stuck tanking with Shen because nobody else knows how to. You're absolutely right.

fr0ztbyte

08-27-2010

Quote:
Morgueington:
I would rather have a decent team instead of 2 people with all the kills and gold. Their team feeding off the weaker 3 members of you team.

Not fun. Since Exhaust or a stun can shut down a carry easily.

I didn't say that you had to feed in order to get kills for your carry ...

Alaric1

08-27-2010

i don't see why people play taric in the first place if they are so hell bent on getting kills. but then, it is rare that i don't get a kill. trist, cho, and garen all have strong finishing moves. it is rather hard to ks my mains.

Garthic

08-27-2010

The assist pool sure is a lovely thing, even if, as a carry, you don't score the last kill, you still get gold! huzzah.

I see your point, and i raise you an... invalid because this cat is pushing a watermelon out of the ocean.

Tanks that can tank are great, and I raise this point. I've carried a game as Amumu, easily, the enemies weren't terrible but their shaco needed some serious practice, couldn't even kill a 400 hp Soraka with me in the way, no oracles or such. The game ended with me as something like 15+/2/#.

What i'm saying is, your ideal is great, no - it really is, but force feeding the carry and NO ONE else on the team can be a little harsh, Tanks and even Support need some lovin.

Suggestion for anyone playin Soraka, once you hit 6, if you're communicating well enough with your team, ask them to tell you when theyre about to score a kill, make sure you have Mejais, when told - hit R and enjoy your assist + Mejais stack.

Makes your heals all that much more potent and helpful

Urobolus

08-27-2010

Okay. So, you want me to die in 2 seconds compared to 6 seconds? Fine by me. Enjoy your 1v4 ganks.

-Shen

fr0ztbyte

08-27-2010

Quote:
AlaricOfTheMist:
i don't see why people play taric in the first place if they are so hell bent on getting kills. but then, it is rare that i don't get a kill. trist, cho, and garen all have strong finishing moves. it is rather hard to ks my mains.

This is what I am talking about. In so many solo queue games I see a lane like Taric and Katarina. Then about five minutes later ... Taric scores first blood. Then another couple minutes later he gets another kill. And again.

Katarina is the carry! Taric isn't going to carry; and taking early kills from Katarina makes her significantly less useful.

Preparing for all of the "-1" from Taric players =).

-Steve

fr0ztbyte

08-27-2010

Quote:
Garthic:
The assist pool sure is a lovely thing, even if, as a carry, you don't score the last kill, you still get gold! huzzah.

What i'm saying is, your ideal is great, no - it really is, but force feeding the carry and NO ONE else on the team can be a little harsh, Tanks and even Support need some lovin.

I agree, but I think you have it backwards. Assists were made for support; kills for carries.

@Urubolus
If you are laning with a carry and you can both get the kill, let him get the kill. Your job is to protect the carry by soaking up damage; his job is to keep you alive by quickly killing your enemies.

exoup

08-27-2010

Quote:
fr0ztbyte:
I agree, but I think you have it backwards. Assists were made for support; kills for carries.

@Urubolus
If you are laning with a carry and you can both get the kill, let him get the kill. Your job is to protect the carry by soaking up damage; his job is to keep you alive by quickly killing your enemies.

When I can dive safer than the carry, I'll do it. I'm also not willing to risk your last tick of ignite not killing said champion. Likewise, stop stealing my kills because you have a mejai's or soto.
I'm fine with going 1/5/14 as a tank/support, but I won't have **** for items to tank or support with because you're stealing every ****ing kill and no one on your team can do anything.