So there is still no intelligent defense for Supression OR ELO.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Laue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2010

Well, if you cleanse Ashe's (noskill) Arrow, she won't be self stunned. Same for Morgana/Amumu etc. And at that time when supression was considered EVERYONE had cleanse and usually ghost. So, cleanse not only countered their ults, it STUNNED them.

Get your QQ away from me.

Edit : Because Malzahar can make you stay in Null Zone when his ult is cleansed right?

Joyrock

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laue View Post
Well, if you cleanse Ashe's (noskill) Arrow, she won't be self stunned. Same for Morgana/Amumu etc. And at that time when supression was considered EVERYONE had cleanse and usually ghost. So, cleanse not only countered their ults, it STUNNED them.

Get your QQ away from me.

Edit : Because Malzahar can make you stay in Null Zone when his ult is cleansed right?
So because the skill is poorly designed and does not stop the self stun when cleansed, Cleanse needs a nerf? Fine logic there.

Zinsky

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyrock View Post
No it didn't. It doesn't completely counter any of them. It hinders them, yes, ...
It hinders them to a point that their total damage output is drastically reduced.

It is their ultimate after all. "Ultimate" implies that it is the best skill in their arsenal and the source of most of their damage/survivability. To have a summoner skill completely shut that down is frusturating.

If Cleanse stops WW ults, you will almost never see him played in ranked.

sweatersDC

08-27-2010

It's Elo, not ELO

Voidgolem

08-27-2010

the only reason various heroes were garbage-tier was because their ults were cleansable and anyone with more than half a brain packs cleanse.

...though I'd like Ignite to go back on the 'removable' list, if I'm going to be stunned anyway.

Tlaon

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyrock View Post
I love how when I call ELO bad, everyone just turns to "oh you must be bad" when I wasn't talking about my skill. I was talking about the flaw of using an individual skill rating based dominantly on the Win/Loss ratio while the game is a team game and a single player does not win it.
Using a suitably large sample size of games played, the only reliable method of placing a player is to look at their wins and losses. Kills, assists, tower kills, creep kills, duo kills, triple kills, and pentakills are all manipulable and therefore not useful for matchmaking.

Although the Elo change from a single game may not be entirely accurate and reflective of someone's true contribution to that game, over a large enough sample of games, good players will increase in elo because they win more games.

For the outcome of any individual game, I'd be willing to say that a loss isn't your fault. But if you develop a trend of losses, I'd say that your contribution to the team is probably subpar.