So there is still no intelligent defense for Supression OR ELO.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Joyrock

08-27-2010

I love how when I call ELO bad, everyone just turns to "oh you must be bad" when I wasn't talking about my skill. I was talking about the flaw of using an individual skill rating based dominantly on the Win/Loss ratio while the game is a team game and a single player does not win it.

Oh, and a bunch of people whining that Cleanse countered their Ults too hard because they're not good enough to think ahead. "Oh no I can't use my Ult on anyone I want!"

You know how you're Cleanse stops you from Ulting that carry in the back? You ever wonder why they might have taken Cleanse over the handful of viable options? You ever wonder why you might be doing badly when your Ult is clearly the only way to get that carry and you have no other way to make him want to cleanse?

Fallen 62

08-27-2010

There's also no intelligent defense for why your mother didn't use birth control it seems.

Laue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2010

I suggest you play WW or Malzahar for a while, you WILL change your opinion.

Joyrock

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laue View Post
I suggest you play WW or Malzahar for a while, you WILL change your opinion.
I've played both, along with several other champs whose Ults get hit hard by summoner skills.

Hell, for that matter I've played Cho, whose Ult still doesn't even work properly. One of the reasons I stopped maining him.

Zinsky

08-27-2010

I can't say you are not persistant in your arguements.

People were complaining because you could completely counter a champion into worthlessness by picking up a single summoner skill, which I have to assume wasn't the purpose of the skill.

Now with ranked matches we can see you pick a WW and we can hard counter with a cleanse. So it needed to be changed.

Nemeth

08-27-2010

Well, since Cleanse has such a low cooldow, lower than most of ults, I don't really have anything against supression.
Good players won't let you bait their cleanse, when they know they're gonna be hit by ult right after it.

Omnicis

08-27-2010

WW was powerful enough without the ult suppression and did not need it.
malz, however, does.

faure

08-27-2010

I hear alot of people saying that other champs ults are also shut down by spells.

yeah true, but those champs all have other utility. what's ww without his ult? no ult = no ganking ability, and it's not like ww is very good at anything other than ganking and jungling

Joyrock

08-27-2010

Quote:
Now with ranked matches we can see you pick a WW and we can hard counter with a cleanse. So it needed to be changed.
No it didn't. It doesn't completely counter any of them. It hinders them, yes, but if you think it completely counters one of them than you are playing them badly, and likely not putting all that much thought into the use of your skills.

Quote:
Well, since Cleanse has such a low cooldow, lower than most of ults, I don't really have anything against supression.
You see, the problem there is not with what Cleanse does, it's with how often it can do it. I will agree completely that it needs a nerf to its cooldown.

Also, if a champion is refusing to use Cleanse because of your Ult, they're esentially down one summoner skill to all the rest of your abilities. If that's your only CC, then you have a problem.

Joyrock

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by faure View Post
I hear alot of people saying that other champs ults are also shut down by spells.

yeah true, but those champs all have other utility. what's ww without his ult? no ult = no ganking ability, and it's not like ww is very good at anything other than ganking and jungling
Because WW totally can't do large amounts of damage, doesn't get speed boosts, and doesn't close the gap with his ult whether or not it's cleansed. Totally.