Clairvoyance?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BJ McGee

06-18-2012

Is there ever a good reason to take this spell over anything else? You can just buy sight wards if you have to look at something, right? I always pick it on accident, (instead of clarity) and I never know what to do with it.

Hieronymus Bosch

06-18-2012

Check a bush before warding it, check baron/dragon, see where someone is going after they leave lane, set up a blue invasion before minions spawn, check jungle for counter jungling, etc etc

St Viers

06-18-2012

Clairvoyance is a really underused spell right now (mainly because it recently lost a large amount of its duration, and had it's cool down go up as well). Some uses for it are to find the enemy jungler in his jungle (or clear the icons over his buffs so you can go and steal them when they respawn), give you vision of the river so that you can go out to ward without being picked off, let you spot when and where the enemy is placing a ward, and giving you vision of baron late game when you might not have a ward slot at the moment (or they have oracles, so you can only get a brief look before they kill the ward).

CerealBoxOfDoom

06-18-2012

early game. look near enemy base, see what theyre carrying. see who is being silly and going all offensive or building against who. You might even check for lane rushes and stuff. Make sure your counters go to the correct lane.

later, have your team alert you when they want something checked. If theres a jungler, find him and steal his kills fast.

even later keep an eye on baron and the dragon. Just knowing you have clairvoyance should deter smarter players from trying anything funny unless they know it isn't active. In addition to wards Ive found that with no other special abilites you can actually cover alot of ground very well when looking for a jungler. And thats without your own jungler helping. I'll be using it regularly starting tonight after I finally get sona

edit: Btw its not a very helpful tool in a team that doesn't communicate. Just saying. In vs AI I've actually saved people from huge ambushes by scrying for people who are pushing lane way too hard.

JusticeJudgement

06-18-2012

If ur a support champ with healing and cc then it is recommend getting clairvoyance.
Example: Kayle with clairvoyance are uncommon but they, for someone reason, are very good since they already got healing or cc.

Duhizy

06-18-2012

CV is very strong is specific snowball team comps like a counter jungle comp that some of the pro teams like to use sometimes, at the pro level taking buff can end the game at 20 min so having CV and a good mundo or shyvana etc will take all of the buffs and allow them to fight off anyone that tries to stop them with a superior early game comp. You see M5 do this often to beat top teams in the pro scene. Althought they do sometimes choose to not get CV they are definitely stronger when they do get it.

acosn

06-18-2012

It's one of the best summoner spells in the game, but AD carries on bot lane can't stop screaming for heal because they can't be arsed to learn how to position.

If nothing else when used properly it lets you keep tabs on your enemy's jungle which is in itself invaluable.

Amaltron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-18-2012

Really helpful late game when you need vision and both sides have oracle. Prevents enemies from camping bushes and ambushing you.

TVPMike

06-18-2012

Things you do not get on Support: Ghost, Revive, Smite, Surge, Teleport, Cleanse, Clarity, Ignite, Promote and Heal. (Cleanse and Heal are better taken for the Ad carry and should not be taken on the Support. Clarity is also not needed. If your support needs mana, then a Philosopher's Stone is used.)

Things you take on a Support: Flash, Exhaust, Clairvoyance. (Always take Flash. Take exhaust if you plan to be aggressive or if it compliments your combination of skills; like Alistar. If you do not need Exhaust, take Clairvoyance to track the enemy jungler and to check important buffs and dragon/baron. Also consider taking Clairvoyance when planning to invade, as it is invaluable.)

FaerellG

06-18-2012

It's wierd, ever since the heal buff, I'm seeing the bot lane pack:

Flash/Heal
Flash/Exhaust(or ignite)

It used to always be Flash/(offense) and Flash/CV

Dunno, when I play support I still run CV. I think it's too useful not to have. Being able to stalk the enemy jungler for the entirety of early game is really good. CV is also too good to spot invasions or invade yourself. Or for checking buffs...or verifying MIAs...and reduces the need to facecheck a bush.

It also gives you a fall back for when the opposing team starts counterwarding the **** out of you.

I honestly have no idea why CV fell out of favor so hard.