Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

LoL server issues/fixes -> paid service?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pokes420

08-27-2010

So I am really really enjoying this game - after discovering this game a few weeks back and being an old dota player i jumped right in. The game is fun, the heroes are cool, and the matches are exciting.

All that being said however, I am somewhat concerned about LoL. The past 2 weeks i have really gotten into LoL however it seems like no matter what time i log in whether its noon or midnight there is always server issue problems. The game is awesome but i really can only play it less then half the time i try. Perhaps i just have bad luck and have been picking the wrong days to play, but it sure seems like its very often - almost a constant.

I guess the point is i would gladly pay a couple bucks a month to play a game that is both downtime and lag free. Are there any thoughts to instituting a type of "gold membership" type thing where you have the option to pay a couple bucks a month and get extra service or priority? I am not dying to pay for a game that is otherwise free however at this point it is unplayable for me with my timing, and the issue seems to be pretty constant over the last 2 weeks (i cant speak about before that because i just started playing) - a 5 dollar charge for example to make sure i can play when i feel like it would be worth it. You could even give people free points with the gold membership or access to new heroes first, e.t.c.

In short, its a great game but it doesn't matter if its unplayable because the proper resources are not being supplied to meet the issues.

Also worth mentioning i think are the game crashes between the actual game phase ending and you switching back to the stats screen. At times the game crashes and upon logging back in I have found that i have not earned any influence points nor have i been credited for the win i just achieved. I don't have suggestions for this one, its a bit too technical of an issue for me, but suffice to say that my pc isnt a 10 year old piece of **** - its new and doesnt crash or have issues with any other game / prog.

Thanks for your time and thoughts, see you guys around.
-Pokes

EmissaryShadow

Recruiter

08-27-2010

Its not a matter of buy more resources
They need to iron out the problems that arise as a completely new platform grows and changes.
They are hiring more people to work on the game already and are constantly upgrading.

Pokes420

08-27-2010

Surely the availability of more resources would make facilitating those platform growth and changes much easier. I've played many online games including but not limited to the major mmo's and other dota ripoff's, and it just seems like the amount of downtime i run into is a bit abnormal. Again im not complaining about riot dont take it the wrong way, im saying maybe a paid service could work out well for both parties involved.