I am seriously getting displeased with this game...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prosecutor Godot

08-27-2010

Illusory Superiority.jpg

sehakoziel

08-27-2010

Good point DoctorGraveyard. Even if the assumption that 'Leavers' were the only cause of this match making grief we're all going through were true, there is probably no safe way to establish that they left purposefully instead of just being disconnected. Especially with the state Riot's servers have been in of late (not that I'm complaining).

123e

08-27-2010

Cool Story bro

DoctorGraveyard

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehakoziel View Post
Good point DoctorGraveyard. Even if the assumption that 'Leavers' were the only cause of this match making grief we're all going through were true, there is probably no safe way to establish that they left purposefully instead of just being disconnected. Especially with the state Riot's servers have been in of late (not that I'm complaining).
Exactly what i'm saying. Before we can start complaining about the leavers, we need to fix the servers.

Melonscoop

08-27-2010

i agree with OP of dis thread.

the win/loss balance is REEEEEEAAAAAALLLY annoying.
if im correct the ELO system is that it tries to match you up against players of your skill level, but if you win in a game that the engine thought you would lose, your elo gets booted up much higher, until it finally "balances" out by handing you harder players when really that last win was a lucky and close victory because the other teams player left or something.

then you lose because they are some perfectly premade team or something.

and then your elo drops and then you get faced off with players at your average skill level. alright, thats fine, fine, yeah i get it.

i play games where its a matter of luck. the only ways i win is usually:
- they had a leaver who fed (not very fun, elo is alright)
- they had a disconnecter (not very fun, elo is alright)
- lots of them fed (ELO is alright but its not very fun)
- lucky victory by distraction in a team fight and BD'ing (the choice that screws you over)
- surrender (MOST popular choice)

and the ways i lose are usually:
- leaver
- leaverx2
- surrender
- bad players who refuse to listen

when i win i have a little feeling of mixed change, i feel like i am not playing the full game. people surrender too early "wahh they pushed to our third middle turret, surrender", it's very annoying when we've just fought it out and all, then i proceed to play again and hope i get a fair, full game and i get match up with higher ELO people who maybe dropped down cause of disadvantage when really i was just playing against people with disadvantage and won luckily.

when i lose i get over it but eventually i face off newbies if i am having really bad luck, and from there it goes down hill because the ways i win and lose become even more prominent.

sometimes i am tired of winning like a gambler and want to win by fighting the good fight. everybody always give up. enemy team even give up. and not to mention that i do not want to WIN, then LOSE, it seems like it always has to make me equal. recently i just lost five games in a row then won six games in a row. if im correct i will lose the next one.

i guess this will get downvoted
^ and i am mentioning that because my rep is very important :P

Jinreeso

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedWeStand View Post
Except Riot has absolutely no control over leavers at all...
They should do what they did in DoTA, give your team control of your money and items if you leave. I realize you can reconnect in LoL, so just make a timer on the amount of time it takes for you to be unable to reconnect, once this time expires your allies gain control of your hero.

Jinreeso

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiPi View Post
Ban ppl with lots of leaves will be the only way. if u make ip/exp loose is a nice option, but they will be lower lvl, but same feeder/leaver but now lvl 29... its the same.... we must cut his legs off, PPL with 50+ leaves = 1 week ban, more than 100 leaves permaban. That is. You wanna leave, ok, but dont do it too much xD

They would (they being Riot) would have to put in their disclaimer leaving will get you banned, then people would never buy RP points or skins again. I know I wouldnt. I only have 2 leaves,but heaven forbid my internet dies or a storm comes through and wrecks my power, then I get banned and lose all my stuff I paid for, I would either want a refund or I'd sue.

With a disclaimer people couldnt sue, but they wouldnt buy stuff anymore because of a fear they might loose their stuff.

PickleChutney

08-27-2010

At the moment your real fix to the problem is to find friends to play with. Trust me you only need to get 1-2 buddies and it will really improve your experience considerably.

It's really not hard to do. When you play games and have a good match with other players that do really well... compliment them on their performance and ask if they would like to play another match together. You'd be surprised at how receptive players are to hooking up afterwards.

Jinreeso

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prail View Post
At the moment your real fix to the problem is to find friends to play with. Trust me you only need to get 1-2 buddies and it will really improve your experience considerably.

It's really not hard to do. When you play games and have a good match with other players that do really well... compliment them on their performance and ask if they would like to play another match together. You'd be surprised at how receptive players are to hooking up afterwards.
Very true statement, I have more people on my friends list I made in the game than I have actual friends who play the game. If one of my real friends are not online I try and hook up with one of my LoL friends.

chaito

08-27-2010

RIOT CANT FIX PEOPLE. why cant people understand this, they cant give leavers guilt, or feeders some morale and shame. They cant do that, thats a general problem with people.