Can anyone explain to me why Ezreal is OP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Steve Silvestri

08-27-2010

Is it his poking from a distance and blinking away? No, Tristana does that. Is it his crazy CC? He's got none. Global ult? Good in team fights, but it's on par with other, non-OP global ults like Plank's and Karthus's. Wait I think I know why he OP. Phreak said so.

dissonancy

08-27-2010

The difference is, Ezreal's Arcane Shift skill (i think that's what it's called?) is a true blink. Tristana has a number of visual clues to tell you where she actually jumped, and her skill has a greater delay in execution. On the other hand, Ezreal's blink is a true flash with a homing missile tied into it, making it very versatile for poking and for hit and runs.
He also does do a lot of damage, bro.

IS13537e7a92416eab299e3

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crivissimo View Post
Is it his poking from a distance and blinking away? No, Tristana does that. Is it his crazy CC? He's got none. Global ult? Good in team fights, but it's on par with other, non-OP global ults like Plank's and Karthus's. Wait I think I know why he OP. Phreak said so.
It`s his damage he can do within 5 seconds. Skillshot with (+1 AD) ratio that lowers all cooldowns.AOE AS buff/debuff and a built-in flash with homing arrow.

Throw everything in (combined with his ultimate) and start writing "gg".

Enuf said.

Randy

08-27-2010

Quote:
People just QQ who ever they want to be OP, because...
1)they got raped by them.
2)Riot's Staff called them OP

Lysergsaure

08-27-2010

Excellent damage output + incredible range + availability of armor pen (as opposed to magic pen) + wonderful survivability (a good Ezreal player should never be caught. With a blink like that, you should be able to get out of almost any gank before you are stunned, and should know not to overextend in the first place) + isn't super item dependent but scales extremely well with items (all you really need for Q do to good damage is triforce or sheen/brutalizer + a fort pot) + sweet steroid passive.

I may have missed a couple of things.

Stenchrot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo Justice View Post
It`s his damage he can do within 5 seconds. Skillshot with (+1 AD) ratio that lowers all cooldowns.AOE AS buff/debuff and a built-in flash with homing arrow.

Enuf said.
lol

you are level 4, played Ezreal with a Wriggle's Lantern.

and you are butthurrt because you didn't expect him to be OP as he is?

Wodin Ymir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo Justice View Post

Enuf said.
OBJECTION!

To focus on maximizing his damage with Mystic Shot he doesn't gain enough ap for his other skills to have much punch. The flash is a double edged sword, use it well it can easily lead to a kill, use it wrong however and the enemy will punish for you and possible walk away with nice bit of gold.

JunkRamen

08-27-2010

Quote:
His poking game is much better than Tristana's and is not as level reliant. Aside from early game gank power, his blink is overall a better survivability/chasing ability than Tristana's because of the short cooldown that gets even shorter by landing Q.

If you think Phreak is the only (or the first) high ranked player to think that Ezreal is OP, think again. He's been at the top of every tier list for a long time now and is by far the most commonly picked carry among high Elo players. You can argue that simply being common and top tier does not mean he's OP, but that's basically saying that every other ranged carry is UP, which is simply not true.

Quote:
To focus on maximizing his damage with Mystic Shot he doesn't gain enough ap for his other skills to have much punch. The flash is a double edges sword, use it well it can easily lead to a kill, use it wrong however and the enemy will punish for you and possible walk away with nice bit of gold.
Ezreal in a solo lane has a hard hitting E and R for most of the game, until everyone else catches up which at decent levels of play is only like the last couple plays of the game, if even. Just about every skill in this game can lead to a victory/loss if you use it incorrectly.

Necrophagus

08-27-2010

His mobility and damage are untouchable compared to other ranged DPS. The Q nerf helped, but he's still better than Ashe or Tristana by a long shot.

Also, comparing individual skills isn't really fair when they aren't on the same hero; Tristana doesn't have a global ult and Karthus/GP don't have a blink.

Not like it really matters; the group of people who actually decide whether or not the hero needs changes decided that he does.

Steve Silvestri

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissonancy View Post
The difference is, Ezreal's Arcane Shift skill (i think that's what it's called?) is a true blink. Tristana has a number of visual clues to tell you where she actually jumped, and her skill has a greater delay in execution. On the other hand, Ezreal's blink is a true flash with a homing missile tied into it, making it very versatile for poking and for hit and runs.
He also does do a lot of damage, bro.
Not much of a difference, and Tristana's damage is also high, not to mention longer range and her jump is an AOE with CC thrown in.