RiotNome is my new favorite red.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ArlanKels

06-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
This thread has made me question whether I am a PR robot. Allow me to query.
This made me laugh so hard.
If you're always like this I think I like you a lot.

Snoop Nome

Game Designer

06-19-2012
3 of 4 Riot Posts

No, I don't do any PR. I'd be awful at it, being a nome and all. Tall people are more convincing.

CommodoreSkippy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-19-2012

Quote:
On the Dominion side, what I am actually doing is scouring for actionables and sorting them into a priority list. I'm also trying to actually PLAY a lot of Dominion, because I have a rudimentary understanding of competitive Dominion minutiae.
Just this alone is like Christmas. Saying "I am here, I am paying attention, and I am taking notes to make things happen." is what we've wanted from Reds for a long time. Today just got a lot better.

Ragkval

06-19-2012

For being that open, he has become my favorite. Thanks RiotNome! You spoil us with your honesty.

Redenbacher

06-19-2012

Quote:
Query complete.

Let me discuss my powers and limitations. As of right now, I'm still technically on the Proving Grounds team, though our post-release support is currently "limited", seeing as how the patch unfortunately borked. I'll be moving more formally to live design next week, which will functionally not mean much different for my day-to-day operations other than that I get trolled by Geeves a lot more.

On the Dominion side, what I am actually doing is scouring for actionables and sorting them into a priority list. I'm also trying to actually PLAY a lot of Dominion, because I have a rudimentary understanding of competitive Dominion minutiae. At top priority are tasks I can personally accomplish as a designer: number tweaks, slight mechanics changes, non-programmy stuff. Next are tasks that would primarily require designer time, but also require external resources such as art in the final stages: possible brush position shifts, new items, etc. Finally, there are long-term tasks that require potentially lots of people. For example, the score system overhaul thread has potential changes that will require me, tech designers, artists, and possibly UI dudes.

Then there are out-of-scope issues. I can sometimes inquire, but may not be able to drive them. Competitive exposure, marketing, ranked queue, IP/XP rewards, etc.
Well, that's refreshing. Thank you for clarifying your role, and I'm pleased to hear it.

My next question really doesn't matter, without access to a time machine, but my curiosity gets the best of me:

Why hasn't Dominion been evaluated at this level since its release?

I expect the answer is something along the lines of higher priorities, lack of resources, etc...

Regardless of the answer, I do eagerly await the necessary tweaks and changes to Dominion. Your power(s) seem to be all that is needed, from my point of view, to muddy the lines between the tiers; that is item and global tweaks.

How do you feel about the current perceived tiers? We'll use Sauron's tier list, for example. What do you feel are logical steps to help 'level' the playing field, since it has been well established that item and champion changes specific to Dominion are out of the question?

Volandum

06-19-2012

How do we get to play with you?

Snoop Nome

Game Designer

06-19-2012
4 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
Well, that's refreshing. Thank you for clarifying your role, and I'm pleased to hear it.

My next question really doesn't matter, without access to a time machine, but my curiosity gets the best of me:

Why hasn't Dominion been evaluated at this level since its release?

I expect the answer is something along the lines of higher priorities, lack of resources, etc...

Regardless of the answer, I do eagerly await the necessary tweaks and changes to Dominion. Your power(s) seem to be all that is needed, from my point of view, to muddy the lines between the tiers; that is item and global tweaks.

How do you feel about the current perceived tiers? We'll use Sauron's tier list, for example. What do you feel are logical steps to help 'level' the playing field, since it has been well established that item and champion changes specific to Dominion are out of the question?
I can't answer that question for several reasons; I've not been involved with Dominion until recently, and I was hired after Dominion was released are the two safe excuses I can give.

I've seen a few tier lists now, and I generally agree with them; not that I have much latitude to disagree, but I think they match my perception of the map thus far. Item-specific changes are not out of the question, insofar as we can just gut certain items and replace them altogether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
How do we get to play with you?
I idle in DominateDominion on NA and Dominion on EUW when I'm online on either platform, respectively.

Volandum

06-19-2012

Let's get a 5 man going next time you show up on NA then.

Ahkrisa

06-19-2012

Thanks for letting us know how to get into some games with you nome, I love dominion and have been playing it since the little beta snippets you guys let us have back in the day. Hopefully there's a few other people with a lot of dom experience willing to help you get into it at a more serious level and get you a better understanding of the map!

Manse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-19-2012

Quote:

I idle in DominateDominion on NA and Dominion on EUW when I'm online on either platform, respectively.
And the stalking begins...

Seriously, I've played nothing but 1300 games of Dominion since it launched. I haven't touched SR since then. I'm very interested in what changes you can bring and what they do to the dynamics.