TT Rant

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Borand

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
I'm unwilling to create TT-specific mechanics that should be global due to burden of knowledge concerns. Minion pulling isn't really an issue on SR, but players generally expect the laser to attack everything. Either way, that's outside of what I can change.

It creates some awkward champion pathing, decreases play space in the base, and while it slightly alleviates minion pulling, it does not solve the turtling issue. I've done a lot of internal analysis of different layouts, and the major contributors to turtling on TT are only partially in the base. A simpler solution will be to reduce the laser range.
Not nice having people in your fountain.

It would be better to increase the distance people have to do in order to get to the fountain.

Les Nomerables

Game Designer

06-21-2012
4 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borand View Post
Not nice having people in your fountain.

It would be better to increase the distance people have to do in order to get to the fountain.
The intended range would have the laser hit just outside the edge of the circular spawn platform, so that the laser will just barely outrange the healing area. Currently, the blue laser is hitting the edge of the steps.

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorceryPower View Post
so if they stay in the base with the inhibitors up while the other team freefarms in the jungle that won't help them at all.

i fail to see your point.
Super minions will not push the lanes into them to farm. You freeze the lanes, then go farm jungle.

Repeat, while killing the enemy who does stray too far from base to farm. Once that is done, push and win 2v3

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-21-2012

Quote:
The intended range would have the laser hit just outside the edge of the circular spawn platform, so that the laser will just barely outrange the healing area. Currently, the blue laser is hitting the edge of the steps.
<3 X a million for fixing this.

SWG ManBearPanda

06-21-2012

THEN FIX IT its only been broken for what like 3 years?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKFRS...eature=related

that should walk the rioteers through it. I know that in your basic computer science courses at the JC they don't go too in depth but I'm assuming its all wrapped up in some MySQL file (if its not then your problem is lazy programmers), and yes it really IS that easy

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
THEN FIX IT its only been broken for what like 3 years?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKFRS...eature=related

that should walk the rioteers through it. I know that in your basic computer science courses at the JC they don't go too in depth but I'm assuming its all wrapped up in some MySQL file (if its not then your problem is lazy programmers), and yes it really IS that easy
Watch out, we got a hard ass here.

Dragonsbaine

06-21-2012

seems to me the simple answer to this is to report the quiter. even when turtling a team can easily be beaten by strategy. Once you have super minions entering their base(especially if you have taken out both fountains) DON'T LET THEM FEED. Push, make them retreat back to the pad and attack their nexus. Use flash or abilities to jump the wall and sneak attack their nexus if you have that tower down. Distractions work great too... 2 pushing top and 1 going bottom means they usually have to split up their team... To further this, you can always use distraction + the sneak attack to end it. 2 go one lane and get their attention while the other jumps the wall and goes for the nexus.

Quote:
No it isn't...

That's the only think i have noticed that needs fixing, the base laser seems to be a bit off at times... I've been nailed by it for simply setting foot on the 1rst step. Other times I've seen people get all the way up to the top step and never get targeted.

SorceryPower

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIOLENTxSHINOBI View Post
Super minions will not push the lanes into them to farm. You freeze the lanes, then go farm jungle.

Repeat, while killing the enemy who does stray too far from base to farm. Once that is done, push and win 2v3
you didn't actually read any of the previous posts did you?

nuttcrusha

06-21-2012

OK @RiotNome i play an extreme amount of ranked 3v3 with my team, we have about 3 teams at 1500 elo, and this is how you could fix the turtling issue on 3's. The 2 main problems are the fact that the laser is really unrelible, sometimes it hits the people on the 1st step, other times people can run straight up it, almost to the area where people are healing.. The other issue is the fact at how close the turret is (or how close the minions travel to the well on their way to the turret) if you had the minion's path go down about 3-4 steps for minions.. it would make it alot harder to pull, but balancing it by giving them enemy team more time to kill the minions.. and with the laser range being reduced would also increase the potency on pulling minions to turtle..

Just some ideas..

SnoopDoggJanitor

06-21-2012

Best thing to do when you're winning like that is let them keep their inhibs and jungle/farm. Get a full build, and wait for an ace. Don't take the inhibs so they can't farm the super minions. Me and a few friends have came back to win hour long games like that a ton of times. It's not as flashy as you would like, but that's the only way I've found to win in a situation where they can turtle that hard :P Don't let them farm and build basically.