No such thing as a kill STEAL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Great Lemur

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by baughb View Post
There's only two times in solo Q I really mind 'Killstealing"

1) Someone on your team is playing a high single-target damage dps/nuker, and doesn't do anything in teamfights except wait for your team to get someone to <10% HP, then blows everything they have to steal the kill.
---I see this quite often, actually, and it basically means the person on your team with the most gold is doing next to nothing in teamfights...
(Thanks for autoattacking for 60 straight seconds Veigar! I'm glad you blew your entire rotation to kill a champion at <500 HP)

This! This! This!

Bobahz

08-27-2010

Assist grants money too, so it is better to kill some1 2vs1 than 1vs1.

saurabh

08-27-2010

I don't really understand the KS funda people go on about.
1) kill is going to yur own team mate. Win
2) Instead of you alone getting gold, now two people got gold. Win again.
3) The enemy died and was deprived of XP and gold for a short period. Win again.

ah we have a downvoter at loose!

I just read the second page comments... passed them on to write mine...

People are saying that sometimes.. they are angered when someone kill steals at the last 5 - 10% of an enemy like tf or anyone else.

I hope you guys know that the gold is based on damage u do also.
SO with 90% damage you get around 300 - 350 gold instead of 400 - 450.. i don't know the exact figures.
But, along with you, another of you OWN team gets 400 - 450 gold. I wouldn'd mind that happening to me.. as for me K/D ratio doesn't matter so much as a total of K/D/A ratio

Soiyeruda

08-27-2010

Isn't killstealing technically good, since more gold is distributed amongst your team, as opposed to a single person dealing all the damage? =x

Elenoria V

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2010

that happen, i so excite when to take someone down for the team of cause.
so sometime didn't relize what we should let who kill

not mention when ganking, it's messy

Pseudofate

08-27-2010

Ally chases someone AND CAN REACH THEM for x amount of seconds while and you come up from the opposite direction and kill = KS

Ally chases someone AND WONT REACH THEM for x amount of seconds while and you come up from the opposite direction and kill = Clutch

Any kill in a 5v5 team war cant be a KS by definition. Cause that **** is crazy.

Ecaflip

08-27-2010

I'd rather someone die than get away with a slither of hp which makes me rage alot more, but the thing you need to understand is KS does actually exist. Ashe's using ult to seal a kill in group fights, her ult would be immensely more usefull in a team fight than a 200dmg nuke after resists. Ashe has no problem getting gold from farming, other carries rely on kill gold more and it's just not a nice thing to do. I admit stealing kills from teammates, mostly unwillingly, one that comes to mind is a fed Akali teammate being ganked 2v1, from well I shoot ult and snatch a kill from her, my intention was to help her 2v1, she said she was ok as she knew it takes 10seconds for ult to get to her and I shot the ult when they were full hp.

Stealing runes is a step too far though, the Golem is not going to run away. I've had a Vlad steal red from me as AD Ezreal, I was completely pissed, lost 3/4th of my hp tanking it, so I had to go to well with no gold no buff.

Shortzo

08-27-2010

alot of the time on certain champs (nidalee is a great one) I'll bring the target low and the tank will jump in the fight just before i land the KB, and say in chat, "sorry, KS"

I'm like... "Dude, You're the TANK. If i could GIVE you my money, i would"

as it stands, a majority assist is usually around 300g, which is more than enough to keep this kitty happy.

Sir Rooster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2010

Quote:
Actually, it is very situational. As an avid DotA fanatic, it is almost always a good strategy to give your carry the kill, as in the long run, his gold is worth far more than yours. It's just how these games work.
^^ This... Is the answer... +1 to this guy.

Bobahz

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudofate View Post
Ally chases someone AND CAN REACH THEM for x amount of seconds while and you come up from the opposite direction and kill = KS
What if target has Flash or going to his teammate, how could you figure out this?
I think KS (in solo Q) could only happen when some1 write in chat: "Do not tuch him, thats my kill" and you run and kill his target, and even so it is highly discutable.
All other situations - help.

KS term used by scrubs who are totaly worried about K\D ratio, imo. I've never blamed any1 with KS, so I'm absolutely agree with: "No such thing as a kill STEAL"