No such thing as a kill STEAL

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VanderOZ

08-27-2010

I've seen too many champs get away with just a shred of life or have a teammate get there just in time to save them.

If I can finish someone off I'm going to do it. I expect everyone to do the same. I don't care who gets it as long as it's a kill for our team. Bottom line.

Dr Woo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhm916 View Post

Remember, it's not called team work if all you do is last hit something when it isn't necessary. It's just called being an ass.
Agreed......

I don't mind losing kills in a team fight or even in a simple 2v1. What I have a problem with is say Gangplank coming out at the last 10% shoots the guy and walks off. Sometimes it is not teamwork.

Malurth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2010

I fondly remember a couple times playing as Karthus I started to Requiem a low health enemy that a teammate (in my premade) was chasing and probably could have got, and he backed off and let me get it.

Merana

08-27-2010

Only time I complain about killstealing is if a teammate blows a high cooldown skill to kill someone I already ignited. A complete waste motivated purely by greed

Elan Tedronai

08-27-2010

I rarely feel bad about getting a kill I didn't work for because it means more net gold for the team if I get at least one hit in. But as TF I've gated in to gank someone that between the time I cast destiny and the time I've finished gating in, they've done all the work and my gold card kills them. I know it sucks for my teammate and I wouldn't do something like that intentionally, sometimes the battle just changes too fast for me to stop the KS. I don't like it when it happens to me but I don't rage. I just think of it as more gold for the team if the only hit they could get in was the last hit.

The Great Lemur

08-27-2010

The only time I mind KSing is when you get that player that won't help in teamfights. Instead, they just sit outside of the action and try to time killblows. Other than that I don't mind "KSing."

IMLOwl

08-27-2010

Most of the time I don't mind "KSing" because most people really don't mean to do it. They see a low champ and it's a natural reaction to try to do something.

However, when I play Tyrn and am chasing down a person with <100 HP that I was 1v1ing and my mock is about to come off CD, TF gates in and auto attacks once for the kill, that kind of makes me want to hit someone.

pyrokinetiq

08-27-2010

If it's in a fight and someone kills someone i'm chasing down and i'm obviously losing, but i hate it when you obviously have a champion dead, then panth/tf global teles in with their ult and gets the kill, complete waste of their ult.

I don't mind someone taking my kill, I just don't like when they put our team at a disadvantage (cding an ult .etc) to do it.

Elan Tedronai

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMLOwl View Post
Most of the time I don't mind "KSing" because most people really don't mean to do it. They see a low champ and it's a natural reaction to try to do something.

However, when I play Tyrn and am chasing down a person with <100 HP and my mock is about to come off CD, TF gates in and auto attacks once for the kill, that kind of makes me want to hit someone.
Like I said in my post just above this, it does suck when a TF does this. But TF's job is to gate in and pick off low health champions. We do it instinctively. There's a good chance the TF didn't know your Mock was just about to come off CD. All he sees is someone that might get away. This is where voice chat would be so beneficial; if you see destiny pop or the circle of cards, just say "TF, I got it" and I would back off.

Sometimes I gate in just to gold card a runner and let the person chasing them get the kill, but once in awhile the gold card will get the kill.

baughb

08-27-2010

There's only two times in solo Q I really mind 'Killstealing"

1) Someone on your team is playing a high single-target damage dps/nuker, and doesn't do anything in teamfights except wait for your team to get someone to <10% HP, then blows everything they have to steal the kill.
---I see this quite often, actually, and it basically means the person on your team with the most gold is doing next to nothing in teamfights...
(Thanks for autoattacking for 60 straight seconds Veigar! I'm glad you blew your entire rotation to kill a champion at <500 HP)

2) I have ignite, or I'm playing a character with DOTs (or Vlad), an enemy carry is running away with <100 HP but they are *going* to die with the DOTs/activation of Vlad's ult.
My carry blows flash/ghost and takes himself out of the teamfight to finish off the fleeing enemy who's about to die anyway.
Usually when this happens, someone on our team dies since we're now at a 4v4 without one of our carries to DPS.

123456 ... 7