Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How Do I do more damage as riven.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BattleBootyRiven

06-18-2012

I'm giving her a second try before I buy graves or katerina,

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=25268

What do i buy first after boots I dont get it

Azulrael

06-18-2012

I go straight for brutalizer, really helps me push balls hard in lane.
Then I go into Phage. For that slow and build it up. Depending on how I'm doing in lane,
but I'm pretty aggressive with her too. So just test it out in bots. Build around their team and play smart.

BattleBootyRiven

06-18-2012

Quote:
Azulrael:
I go straight for brutalizer, really helps me push balls hard in lane.
Then I go into Phage. For that slow and build it up. Depending on how I'm doing in lane,
but I'm pretty aggressive with her too. So just test it out in bots. Build around their team and play smart.

How do you harrass as Riven, If its ranged I cant really get close, Like ashe or teemo, I just switch lanes lol

Bëst Kat NA

06-18-2012

boots, double dorans, mercs/tabis depending on lane, bloodthirster, ga, maw if against lots of ap champs, randuins etc in that order

BattleBootyRiven

06-19-2012

Quote:
imfknpro69:
boots, double dorans, mercs/tabis depending on lane, bloodthirster, ga, maw if against lots of ap champs, randuins etc in that order

well the problem i have with this champ is I cant really do anything in any lane.. Usually pantheons beat me morgans ash's I need like help understanding how to harrass and beat ranged

awcrapilost

06-19-2012

to do things with riven you need to get good cs early to get some items on. Normally if I solo top I take cloth armor instead of boots because for the first few levels my main focus is cs. You have the escapes you need with her q, and at lvl 2 her e. You shouldnt be using the q on creeps at all.

If you get stuck solo against a ranged like ashe you're going to have to try to get gankes on your lane and use all your mobility to get on top of her. If you took flash/igntie, you should be able to flash yourself into position to use e, then stun with w, and nail her with q. If you pull that off, most normal players wont be as aggressive with you.

For most melee trades like panth, ect, its important to keep that e up before you take damage. You can block some damage, they'll run oom before too long. If you're having a **** time against someone a vamp scepter can help you get hp back in between trades.

Insípid

06-19-2012

when using riven to harass hit Q twice. then get closer and hit ur final Q to leap then W to stun and E to dash out, you should not take a substantial hit, if you take one at all.

to start

Boots/cloth armor and pots
then build doran's blade for lane sustain, then go for your brutalizer and choice shoes
next you build bloodthirster and from there last whisper and a survivability item, which people say should be a guardian angel for riven, when u revive press W and escape

Vizzlepeez

06-19-2012

In order to harass with riven u should be maxing ur W and then your E and only taking one point in her Q at lvl 1 and maxing it last. By maxing w then e you are decreasing the cooldowns of those moves allowing u to stun more often and get some hits in. Depending how its goin u can use the e to jump in or out

Purpleiswin

Recruiter

06-19-2012

Starting with something like dorans shield or cloth/5 pots for the armor and sustain will help against ad champs, I usually start W and keep a safe distance early game if I need to, and if anybody wants to trade that early I can just stun and walk away, then get E then Q, and that's when you can really start harassing and doing damage in your lane. Either E to them, stun, and use your Q's to escape, or Q's to initiate, stun, and E to dash out, with an auto between every ability. Wriggles and Phage are what I usually try to get early game, frozen mallet and maw, and whatever else you may need.

Backpaq

06-19-2012

Don't get Berserker boots, start boots 3 no matter who it is. Go into 3 dorans blades and Ninja Tabi/Merc Treads. Start Q for level 1 harrass, then get E and then W at level 3. Continue maxing Q then W, after the tier 2 boots go for a BF sword > Bloodthirster. Then get Maw Of Mal. if they have a strong AP, then get Guardian Angel and proceed to get more BT's and a last whisper.