@Guinsoo mainly... maybe Pendragon.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ravel

08-27-2010

Just because an ability could/couldn't exist in DotA is no reason for it to exist/not exist in LoL.

Edit: The only mechanic I would like to see in LoL that was in Dota, but is strangely missing in Lol, would be someone like broodmother or enigma who could have a little army of minions to control.

GNOY

08-27-2010

I agree - Riot dont use all potential of their engine, feeding us with new champs (sometimes very similar to each other, sometimes really unique) and new skins. Yet they promised to give us things which we didnt have in DotA, aka new engine with new possibilities and variety of maps.

I really dont see any valid reasons to not release at least 3 or 4 new maps already, aswell as new modes (remember, the game is almost one year old, not counting closed beta time).

Sheever

08-27-2010

I agree with this. Right now pretty much all the new champs get pretty much same skills. Dmg this, aoe dmg this, slow, stun... etc. Now, when someone asked why can't Bloodseeker's ability Rupture can't be implemented in LOL, red posted that "it's not noob-friendly". Now, this let's me to to my 2nd point. Without those kind of abilities there can't be any counter heroes. Imagine for a sec that we had this kind of ability. This hero would be a good counter pick against players with flash skills like Shaco and Ezrael. But hey, i guess rupture is more noob-unfriendly than that rollyourface on keyboard skills.

Bobby

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dimos View Post
Just because an ability could/couldn't exist in DotA is no reason for it to exist/not exist in LoL.

Edit: The only mechanic I would like to see in LoL that was in Dota, but is strangely missing in Lol, would be someone like broodmother or enigma who could have a little army of minions to control.
They can't do things like that because casual nirds will buy that kind of champion and cry that it doesn't play like Yi. and they will make no profit on it.

imagine faceless voids ult in LoL, and how many nirds wuld cry.

i personally want bloodseekers ult. so i culd own stoped nirdz.

nirds in LoL cant handle things that require think outside of a bOCKS.

they just sit there and stun and aoe. like play garen, then play i dont no, Ophelia in HoN.

ur gona b like. WOWE. Those LoL Nirds dont even Noe how 2 pick there nose.

boni

08-27-2010

Let me ask you: Do you buy STR, INT and AGI items in LoL? Is it possible to realize an AP System in DotA?

Mhm916

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulCollector View Post
Bomberman 64 will always be the best bomberman ever.
Check up Saturn Bomberman.

Sisaroth

08-27-2010

What i think is the reason of the uncreative abilities, it takes more time to make good abilities and kids buy more skins than mature ppl but kids don't like (read don't buy) champions that take skill to play.

@boni: AP can be implemented in DotA, just skills with triggered damage that is modified by INT for example. (Obsidian destroyers ulti for example)
CDR is an example of something that can't be implemented in DotA (reset cooldowns of all skill is only possible action that can be done in DotA), but I don't find CDR such a WOOOW mechanic. I expected more of LoL before i played it.

Serpentongue

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronky View Post
They can't do things like that because casual nirds will buy that kind of champion and cry that it doesn't play like Yi. and they will make no profit on it.

imagine faceless voids ult in LoL, and how many nirds wuld cry.

i personally want bloodseekers ult. so i culd own stoped nirdz.

nirds in LoL cant handle things that require think outside of a bOCKS.

they just sit there and stun and aoe. like play garen, then play i dont no, Ophelia in HoN.

ur gona b like. WOWE. Those LoL Nirds dont even Noe how 2 pick there nose.
This is possibly the most horribly written post I have ever seen.

EIometer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by boni View Post
Let me ask you: Do you buy STR, INT and AGI items in LoL? Is it possible to realize an AP System in DotA?
How stupid can you get, to use an argument like this? Go back and read the thread, this isn't a DoTA-LoL comparison.

boni

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by StyLeD View Post
How stupid can you get, to use an argument like this? Go back and read the thread, this isn't a DoTA-LoL comparison.
Correct. It's an ENGINE comparison. Guess what engine has STR, INT and AGI and which one doesn't. :3
Alone your inability to discuss without throwing around insults says much, btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisaroth View Post
@boni: AP can be implemented in DotA, just skills with triggered damage that is modified by INT for example. (Obsidian destroyers ulti for example)
CDR is an example of something that can't be implemented in DotA (reset cooldowns of all skill is only possible action that can be done in DotA), but I don't find CDR such a WOOOW mechanic. I expected more of LoL before i played it.
Thx for clearing that up. But The main difference still is that you can have each stat individual I guess. INT still influences base damage(if it's INT), mana, etc.