LoL Guide for People Who Keep Losing (from henceforth known as PWKLs)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asgrim

11-01-2009

Hello, and welcome to my guide. I can't guarantee you'll win every game by following this guide, as most of the game depends on teamwork. But I can guarantee you'll finish top of your team, or very close to it, every time.

Now, as the game begins, you'll be standing next to the shop.

*******http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/Gorlogar/lol1.png********

First thing you need to do is start building towards an item that gives you extra gold per second. If your a melee type character, that would be the Heart of Gold. It's under Defense > Armor. My suggestion is to start with the health crystal. If your a mage type (or ability power type), It's Kage's Lucky Pick, under Magic > Ability Power.

Once you've done that, it's time to pick a skill point. In the beginning, the first skill you want is either something that disrupts an enemies movement (A stun, perhaps) or a skill that will destroy a large amount of minions.

*******http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/Gorlogar/lol2.png********

You'll see here I'm about to get Alpha Strike. It's definitely the strongest skill Yi has against a group of minions, and he doesn't have a stun, so it's definitely the best choice.

It's about time to pick a lane. In a 5v5, you want to be careful about who goes where, because one member of the team will always end up soloing. The good thing about soloing a lane is that it gives more exp, as you don't have to share. So it's important that the hero soloing a lane is left to a champion with VERY good endgame capability, so they level first.

*******http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/Gorlogar/lol3.png********

In this example, it's Anumu. Anumu becomes one of the most powerful characters in the endgame, and should solo a lane to get there faster. Who solo's is up to the team though, so make sure to decide beforehand. Be wary though, as the opposing team will be doing the same thing, so if it ends up 2v1 with you and a teammate opposite a single person, make SURE to take them out A.S.A.P.!

Now, the start of each match is all about who can kite better. Kiting is a term that describes the ability to inflict as much damage as possible on an enemy while taking little to none yourself. You want to get as proficient as possible with this, so as not to get killed. This is important, because every time the opposing side kills you, they get gold. It will LOSE your team the match if players feed the other team, so staying alive is your NUMBER ONE priority!

*******http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/Gorlogar/lol4.png********

In this image we see Yi jumping in with alpha strike. Alpha strike is very effective early game, as it allows Yi to hit any nearby enemy heroes as well as minions. As soon as it finishes, Yi would run away back towards his tower, hopefully before the other team has any chance to react. You want to do this as often as possible, keep using skills and kiting to push the enemy back while taking little to no damage yourself. If you see an opportunity to score a kill, just make sure it doesn't do the same for the other team, because then it would be pointless.

It's important to note that at this point, the soloing hero could be having problems by himself. It's important to use the jungle, as pictured here;

*******http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/Gorlogar/lol5.png********

To outflank and destroy enemy heroes. Communication is key here, because you want to strike TOGETHER, as Yi and Anumu are about to do in the screenshot.

As soon as you have enough gold, recall immediately and grab your gold+ item. For your next item, your going to get.... ANOTHER gold+ item! I've done some experimenting, and getting two of them is the most cost effective and effective in general way to get more gold. For the melee and ability types, both the gold+ items provide a good boost for your specialty, so you won't be taking a hit. After you have two, you can go ahead and grab whatever item you want when you have enough. Close to the endgame, you might even have sell the gold+ items to build the better stuff. Do NOT sell them just for extra cash, ONLY sell them for inventory space!

As your pushing forward during all this, never forget what your goal is.

*******http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/Gorlogar/lol6.png********

Get those towers! Destroying towers gives gold and experience to your entire team, and it's important to get these down as soon as possible. Remember though, if you attack an enemy hero in range of an enemy tower, REGARDLESS of what it was doing before, the tower will target you and begin to attack. So around a tower, your main target should be the tower itself; just remember to fall back if an enemy hero comes charging at you or tries to kite you.

As the game goes on, it can get a little hectic.

*******http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/Gorlogar/lol7.png********

If enemies are grouped together and you can't push just yet, and it's not safe to attack, go ahead and kill the wilderness mobs. Starting at around lvl 8-10, any hero can easily solo anything but the dragon, baron, or ancient golem. It's GREAT for a quick burst of gold, you'll usually end up scoring 40-60 in one group in a quick 2 seconds, and it gives good exp as well.

One more thing to add is that STACKING items is one of the most effective ways to rape face. You can stack multiples of the same item, and all the effects add up. The only exception to this rule is effects that say UNIQUE in the item description, the effects marked that way do not stack. So remember to cater to your heroes specialty, as this will bring out your hero to it's max potential.

There's plenty more to learn and plenty of things to uncover, but this guide should give a good base of operations to play from.

Good luck, and happy hunting!

-Asgrim

Wicked Zen

11-02-2009

This seems like a good general strategy primer, which PWKLs (pronounced -- I propose -- "pukels") should find enlightening.

spreadfred

11-02-2009

i propose pwkls be pronounced "pickles"

Lemt

11-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreadfred View Post
i propose pwkls be pronounced "pickles"
I like this one better. Because they taste good and are munchy. :3

Also, good guide.

Doctor Awesome

11-02-2009

Good guide in general, but do note that not ALL items stack--if a Passive ability on an item is listed as a UNIQUE Passive, you will only receive that benefit once. The other stats on the item will stack, but not the unique passive. No 300% Criticals from 2 Infinity Edges for you.

Asgrim

11-02-2009

Already knew that, but fixed to clarify for everyone else. Thanks for pointing it out, I had forgot to put that in myself

synthed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2009

Thanks for the info.

-Serrin