You only have 30 ranked games, what?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TotalDefense

06-24-2012

OK, is just me or is this ELO based ranking really screwed up? I have 1070 total ranked games and i keep bouncing in and out of elo hell, but i always end up with inexperienced players. After 1000+ normal games and 1000+ ranked games you can easily say that i have a well rounded League of Legends player skill. So can any one explain why a person with 30 total ranked games should ever play with someone with 1000+ ranked games.I feel like this is at the heart of our ELO HELL problem. I am better than the people i play with, but with all the DC players and your occasional Twitch and Evelyn players i managed to stay in low elo and play with inexperienced players.

Motaclown

06-24-2012

Some people play tons of games and still suck. if you have played 1000+games but still have a 49% win rate you should still be in ELO Hell imo.

Eviant

06-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motaclown View Post
Some people play tons of games and still suck. if you have played 1000+games but still have a 49% win rate you should still be in ELO Hell imo.
Incorrect. If all the games were 1v1, then yeah, he belongs there. The issue is, when you aren't the rating of 1800+ and playing a carry, you are going to have a difficult time trying to carry the rest of your team, especially if more than one person isn't pulling their weight.

Thizcrusher

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalDefense View Post
After 1000+ normal games and 1000+ ranked games you can easily say that i have a well rounded League of Legends player skill.
As a matter of fact no. No we can't, and this is the whole problem

MoreMedz

06-24-2012

I can see the frustration experienced by the OP.

In a sense, he has answered his own questions: your ELO ranking is not a true indication of your skills. The same logic should also apply to the number of ranked games that one has played. Even someone having a bad game might not be an unskilled player.

The reason that the so-called ELO hell exists is due to statistics, i.e. the way distribution works, which Riot cannot fully control. There are ways to counter the randomness of it all, of course, but it does require making a certain commitment that most people are not prepared to make.

xCry0x

06-24-2012

I played against an ashe with 2800 normal wins and completely walked all over her in lane and the rest of the game.

I have about 220 normal wins

So either:

1) this was a friend playing his account
2) # of games played does not mean a lot after a certain point.

I think what makes a player good is at what point they actually start trying. You can live under a rock and play all day while still being bad just as easily as you can hit the ground running at lvl 1 and read guides, watch streams and learn the fundamentals of the game before even hitting 30.

Looking at your history, you have 21 leaves in ranked games, 16 in unranked. That alone shows you either are an on call ER doctor or an immature player.

Then look at your history, it generally looks like your team wins despite you rather than because of you. I don't see your KDR calculated but the games I see are 6/9 5/14 8/7 4/8 4/4 etc.. nothing that stands out and says "I am very good and my team holds me back." Your creep scores are also not great, finishing games with <130 cs is bad, you should be over that at 20 mins unless under special circumstances.

Lastly your builds are bad. I am not a frequent player of your champion of choice (teemo) but kog'maw is one of my favorite adc and I have never seen anyone do great while building on hit & standard AD at once. You generally pick one or the other, items like a zeal does not synergize great with madreds since the crit chance is wasted on abilities.. if you want to build bloodrazor try going razor + malady + witts end. All 3 have attack speed, all 3 have on hit effects. Malady lowers MR which in turn helps blood razor and witts end on hit be more effective. On the flip side if you want to build a blood thirster go full AD, build a phantom dancer, infinity edge, BT, etc. The crit chance on these items synergizes with the raw AD.

Lastly when you play teemo and kog you seem to never build any defensive items. I usually never get past the 30 min mark without AT LEAST building a negatron cloak or chain mail depending on who is carrying the other team. You cannot go full glass cannon and expect to do well unless your team is already steam rolling.

Gonno

06-24-2012

You just need to realize that it's not inexperienced players causing you to be at your current elo after over 1000 games.

The same inexperienced players are on the other team more often than on your team. The same "inexperienced" players might be better than you. In one single game, you might lose because of mistakes made by your teammates. That happens for everybody. But in the long run, the difference is in your own play.

What's the average elo change per game? +-12 or so? So after a 1000 game history, the difference between being 1200 and 1600 elo will come from what, 17 games?

17 games out of 1000 where instead of making some personal mistake that makes your team lose, you play well and win. 17 games where maybe you personally turn the tide of the battle and turn a loss into a victory because of YOUR PLAY, not somebody else's.

Now clearly that's not a perfect example, since at lower elo the games are easier, and a player who is playing at much lower elo than their "true elo" or whatever will win a much higher percentage of games than a player who is in the perfect range. etc. etc.

But after 1000 games you'd have to be extremely ignorant to think that you've never made some mistake, some bad play, or just played bad and fed some opponent who then snowballed on to dominate the rest of the game. Every time that happens your elo ends up ~24 lower than it would have been otherwise. That really adds up after a while.

Fix your own mistakes, play better, and worry about the long run rather than individual games.

You don't ever see top player smurfs getting stuck in "elo hell". That's because they are SO MUCH better than you (and me) that we probably can't even comprehend most of the stuff that they do better, and they carry their teams so hard that they win at an absurdly high rate until they get to the higher elo ranges. Work on improving yourself and maybe you can take your win-rate from 50% (ie. you're stuck at the same elo for a long time) to 60%. You'll still lose 40% of the time even if you're slightly better than all of the players on the enemy team, but that extra 10% where you make the difference and carry will add up in the long run. Obviously you have to continuously improve, since games get harder as your elo rises, so that 60% will trend back towards 50% unless you keep improving.

Then again, you could always just blame your teammates and convince yourself that you're better at the game than you really are.

I kinda laugh every time somebody gives me **** for having only 100 games played in ranked. I'd much rather be at ____ elo at 100 games than stuck at the same elo after 1000 games.

Vizzlepeez

06-25-2012

Its cuz you arent as good as players in a higher elo than you, its very simple

WickaWicka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-25-2012

Like other people said, after a certain amount of games, you can't always blame it on your teammates. And I don't really get basing the amount of games played as a skill level, there are some people who never learn how to fix their mistakes because they are either too stubborn or just don't realize the mistakes they are making. I don't mind it at all if someone with low games played in ranked plays with people with high wins(to a certain extent, as long as its not someone in their first 10 games playing with people with thousands).

Anyways, at a certain point, you have to ask yourself, what am I doing wrong, there's a few ways to figure this out, maybe by watching higher level play, or maybe even recording your own play and rewatching it. One thing I notice is that you seem to like to play Teemo recently, and build him AP. AP Teemo is only viable in early levels because that early oracles really ruins your mushrooms and the poison passive and blinding dart only go so far, not to mention you have to sacrifice survivability. Have you tried him as a tanky dps? Maybe get merc treads, start out with wriggles or hexdrinker depending on who you are facing, get a phage and then wits end, then turn the phage into frozen mallet and the rest is up to you. This makes him tough to kill and nearly impossible to get away from while being a tough split pusher.

Also you use vayne quite a bit... While she's a great late gamer, her laning phase really suffers, especially if you don't know who your support is, why not pick up a good all arounder like graves, who I feel is one of the most solid AD picks atm.

This was just a couple tips that I hope helps out. (Also maybe look to revamp some of those mastery/rune pages)

xCry0x

06-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonno View Post
You don't ever see top player smurfs getting stuck in "elo hell".

^^ This.