(Guide) Master Yi - AP is king I'm serious

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ComradeHX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2011

Warmog yi is better.

Greaves(later sell for merc tread) + ghostblade + warmogs + atmas + PD + Starks = very stable and high damage; while being almost immune to burst damage.

Tharios

07-02-2011

I have to say this looks like a hell of a thing. I just hope I don't run across an even halfway competent Veigar though. Veigar in the hands of someone who's at least as smart as a 5th grader pretty much eats any and everyone who depends on AP. He's pretty much the whole reason why I've been leery of using AP champs.

But hey, I think I'll try it out anyway sometime.

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2011

how much do u wanna bet alot of nubs are gonna build ap yi with those tanky caster items like ROA or rylias ...

tsarr

05-24-2012

updated for all the item changes

Warrrrax

05-25-2012

A few comments:

You don't go with maxing your CDR? I mean, you are quite reliant on alpha strike for your damage. I';d think you would want CDR to reduce downtime from 10 sec to 6 sec.

How about extra health? No Rod of Ages instead? Even with the reduced mana cost of Alpha, do you still need Chalice to have enough mana? You can't rush a catalyst and use that plus Dorans ring to have enough mana regen? I kept finding that Id alpha in, and then get Bursted to 0 before I could get away to Heal. Hence I took lots of MR as anti-burst and extra health from Rod.

I ask because my old AP Yi build was Dorans Ring, starting AP runes, boots, Rod of Ages, sorc shoes, Deathcap, Nashers Tooth, Abyssal Scepter, Lichbane.
I didnt play enough to really refine the build. The idea was Nashers = awesome CDR, decent AP, some mana regen, and the AS is actually useful with Wuju Style and his Ult giving him solid autoattack.