(Guide) Master Yi - AP is king I'm serious

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tsarr

09-06-2010

i reckon rylais is better than rod if u need to defense personally

Ham summons ham

09-07-2010

but his passive doesnt really fit lol

Olmverlord

09-07-2010

This is awesome. I didn't believe you and so I didn't get a mejai's but i should have! I also started with a catalyst bc i wasn't sure how much mana i would have and i love catalysts. I went like 10+/5/20+ with 5 tower kills. Having an AP hero with the tower killing power of Yi was incredible. Great guide!

KimchiDestroyer

09-07-2010

your playing against noobs who dont buy banshee's ap yi is rediculously fail. Mainly comprised of ksing.

Swolegantor

09-07-2010

I build him the exact same way except i usually get boots of moblity and a rylais instead of an archangels

Swolegantor

09-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimchiDestroyer View Post
your playing against noobs who dont buy banshee's ap yi is rediculously fail. Mainly comprised of ksing.

with a lich bane a single AP burst (alpha+auto attack) can easily deal 1500+ dmg.

With high lander on you can do this continually if you pull it off. He is quite amazing against the right team. I however do feel in the current meta he does not quite fit (AD yi doesent really either however)

Nethervoid

09-07-2010

Meja is a bad item on him as you will die often.

Bad early and mid game and requires an unrealistic amount of money.

Not really viable unless you're substantially better than your opponents. Of course when this is the case you can play any champ really.

Parasamgate

09-08-2010

I'll try this guide. AD Yi is one of my mains and he does very well, included ranked games, but obviously lacks survivability as a "glass melee cannon" he is.

Sadly, all AP Yis I've seen suck late game, except for meditate that can tank 3 decently fed heroes.

IMO AP Yi is really viable only with very very low CDs (3~5 s AS) and some pro mana regen, but i'll try this guide and improve that, and my plans are to create my own AP yi guide.

Well, today i'll start this experience and will be sending news as they happen.

Metta Game

09-09-2010

Wonder if this still works with the reservoir nerf to lichbane.

Zelax2

09-13-2010

This build is not only great! It's also a lot of fun to play , much more fun then your normal attack speed/crit yi.

I wonder why more people don't use this build , also I wouldn't try it until after you have played at least 5+ match's with yi using attack speed/crit.

PS

After playing a few more games with AP yi I realize hes just so much more stable then attack speed , He has more hp and you don't have to run right up to people to kill them , a very great build