(Guide) Master Yi - AP is king I'm serious

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

citidel102

08-27-2010

Ap Yi sucks.

I just tried it out. He can do massive damage once every 7 seconds.

He can also fully heal.

This is why he is not good. If he gets hit with 2 stuns while he is using his second skill he stops healing and dies. He has low health.

If you want AP just use kassadin he will give a higher damage output per sec and escape faster.

2 Advantages to this build

1. He is an AP that can kill turrets fast
2. You kill massive amounts of creeps. (I killed 200 more than any other player) You get 4 creeps killed every 7 sec.

Scackman

08-27-2010

I tried it. All i can say is, fun as ****.

Holy over 1200 damage with alpha strike and lichbane proc!

penatbater

08-27-2010

i played with one. i thought he was crazy. he carried the game (but we still lost coz i was playing a bad game/feeding badly)

tsarr

08-27-2010

like i said, it takes practice

but yes, very fun

VoiceofTreason

08-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by citidel102 View Post
Ap Yi sucks.

I just tried it out. He can do massive damage once every 7 seconds.

He can also fully heal.

This is why he is not good. If he gets hit with 2 stuns while he is using his second skill he stops healing and dies. He has low health.

If you want AP just use kassadin he will give a higher damage output per sec and escape faster.

2 Advantages to this build

1. He is an AP that can kill turrets fast
2. You kill massive amounts of creeps. (I killed 200 more than any other player) You get 4 creeps killed every 7 sec.
This is a pretty easy build to play...he doesnt always contribute as much in teamfights as ad/as yi (if they lice/or no CC) but ap yi is a hell of a farmer and can farm better than most mages can. The OP is right when he says if you cant play this champ you are doing something wrong, it isn't the build, it is you bro, so sorry. It is always easier to blame the build than to admit that.

OP make sure you let people know you need actually to AA 2+ times before you lich proc again. Popping meditate during another champs ulti (dps yi, olaf, etc is a good way to make them very gimp for the rest of the teamfight). This guide is much like 2-3 other AP guides out there, as noted above...if you want to make it better you need to seperate yourself from them, offering more detailed advice and offering tweaks on the build that have been successful, a video, or some pics of successful games. Good start!

AntiTcb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2010

Quote:
WHY?
awesome damage! . most capable of quadra/quinta kills. ill explain
Penta-kill*

Daddy December

09-05-2010

tried this a couple times, had moderate success since im noob at it - noticed that without the mana regen runes, i grabbed TotG earlier to help out with that, figured it would also help AAs later

Ebonclaw

09-05-2010

1) Spam Alpha Strike
2) Buy AP items
3) Spam Alpha Strike after using Highlander

Wow, this is some high Elo guide you've got here.

Tieryal

09-05-2010

Your dorans ring + those runes will never allow you to harass with alpha strike enough in a lane before you are out of mana.

AP yi is much better than AD, but having his damage cap with high cooldowns can be really ****ty.

Mesker

09-06-2010

Tried this a couple of times now and its quite fun if you get a reasonable start.

I replaced mejai's with deathfire grasp. The AP is guaranteed for when things are not going aswell as you'd like and every other benefit it gives is extremely useful to ap yi making a solid package. Using the fireball then AS your opponent often starts the fight nearly half dead then you can unconditionally AS again that much sooner.

I also found the original item build to be lacking in health and mana to the point you could get bombed to death too quickly regardless of w and were held back by mana constraints after heavy ability use if blue pills were not available. As such I will try running with a Rod of Ages.