Why aren't people good at every role?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sephrinx

06-18-2012

For real man. It blows my mind how bad people are at this game.

"I can only AP"
"I can only AD CARRY"
"I sukc at supprot"

**** like that. I am good at every role, I excel in some. I'll do what ever is needed... Some people just bad at video games. This game is so easy too..

Careful

06-18-2012

It is rather annoying, but it does happen. I personally never call roles, I just let it flow and end up as whatever is leftover. However, this generally never ends up well. I end up supporting some straggly, rubbish ad carry who takes free skill shots from Ezreal and free hooks from Blitz. It bothers me to no extent having to flash in and literally save my ad carry from his constant mistakes, which includes blowing my ult and summoners generally. Not to mention you watch as your ad carry misses half of the last hits on creeps, resulting in horrid cs.

SavageWolves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mambawarrior View Post
Jungle is actually the least popular role in the game.
I actually main jungle, and am currently over 1400. I had dropped to around 1250 after hitting 146 early, and have climbed back to 1424, including willing my last 5 ranked games. I have a win rate on Lee Sin of over 70%.

I rarely find other players on my team whose first choice is jungle. But if it is the least popular role, why is it often filled in the first three picks? The support is almost always picked last, unless a duo queue or someone who actually likes support is in the game.

I play a mean support ali and an excellent soraka, But the biggest problem I have with playing support is my lack of trust in my ranged carry (inability to last hit, pushes lane constantly by autoattacking, etc) and less control over the end of the game than anyone else on my team.

I would rather play jungle, top, or mid (in that order) than play AD or support. When I try to play AD, I often feel like my support is incompetent (Buys no wards, takes significant amounts of CS, plays over aggressive and feeds, etc).

Actually, most of the games I have lost have involved a bot lane that has failed utterly. Whether it be the duo queue that thinks skype and friendship can account for a skill gap or the person who was mad in the lobby and then had to play support, one or both of the bot players seem to be under par in most games.

Just my 2 cents.

IG Hextor

06-18-2012

skype can help alot bot lane.... it doesnt make up for a skill gap but why are you playing with people so much worse than you that they need to fill a skill gap? i find duo bots generally dont feed, and oft carry if a jungler gives them the advantage in lane. also i might be reading it wrong but ad carrys have the biggest effect on the end game, unless your talking about the ad carrys that you in particular seem to get at your high skill level?

^loaded question

Queen Sejuani

06-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizzlepeez View Post
For starters im a little over 1400 elo(just to put this in context)

So every game, ranked or not, people call out either what they want or what they are capable of doing. And most the time you are not blessed with someone who mains support so someone doesnt get the role they want. My problem is i always say what i want but do offer to the team that i can fill any role we need. As you could imagine saying that lands me in the support role a lot becuz lets face it its the least popular role. I personally love support and think its fun and to be clear im not only talking about people not being able to support but any role. I understand people have their best/favorite roles but how can you call yourself good at this game if you cant even play a role well. I trust myself playing multiple characters in multiple roles and cant stand wen someone claims they can only do two of roles.

Ive already seen this improve as i move up in elo but its just annoying that people arent as flexible as they should in the queue
This used to be a program for me too at lower Elo levels, but when I went up near 1350 - to 1400 people still called their positions but if you were locking in roles over them, they were just picking what was left without trolling or anything.

Perhaps I was just getting lucky with people but in 9 out of 10 cases, it rarely happens anymore for people to instalock something stupid because they didn't get their role.

I usually don't say anything in chat either, but I try to communicate with the people I play with so it doesn't stay a mute feast with nobody talking. I also make sure to tell people that I can play any role if needed but that top lane is my least favourite role since I haven't been playing it for 2-3 months and therefore can only play few top laners.

UpgradeGaming

06-19-2012

Its not that I can't play other roles its just i truly shine as mid top or jungle i am amazing support but it's just so boring and ad carry is as well

KnightOfTheDeath

06-19-2012

Give us a fking 5 rune page when we hit level 30!
The only restriction limiting the amount of roles we can play is runepage.
There are 5 fking roles taken account in this game.Why don't we get to have 5 runepages?
It is only legitimate that with this simple math we get at least 4 runepages for free. 3 is not fking enough. 3 was since beta,now it has far more variety of roles opposed to each others!
CHANGE IS NOW!

Trollpick=Pick a role that has already been taken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extron Zaleus View Post
Or you could, ya know, buy them with RP. That, or realize that you don't NEED that 78th champion.
6300 IP are you kidding me? ^^ Come on we all know that now it's impossible to farm IP...Before it was possible,but not anymore.

The way this game goes during ranked games is pathetic.
The gaming community states their tireness of trollpicks!
If there is no implement similar fixing this runepage issue then I won't be surprised if the community goes,as it is stated by their eagerness during games,towards the release of DoTA2 and Blizzard All Stars.

Unless RIOT plans on abandonning League of Legends,I suggest this runepage issue to be fixed ASAP.

There should NOT be a gap summed up by money donation if there is competitive gameplay at stake. That is the reason why we cannot buy runes with RP.

1)Runepages cost too high
2) 3 runepages were given when runes were much less numerous,as there are far more champions and runeset possiblities it is only normal that we get at least 4 runepages.
3) 5 roles = 5 different runepage,why the hell do we have 3 only?
4)Runepages strongly encourage players to stick at ONE ROLE ONLY,and at maximum 4 roles.Then we are surprised that they constantly refuse to pick up the role that is left when their call has been taken.

TLDR; Tribunal sucks,give us 5 runepages and noone trolls ranked games anymore...

SexxManiac

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0nkeym4n View Post
i main support dont even get me started....
lol

Malefactio

06-20-2012

I can play everything (-support, because I don't have enough IP to both get all the expansive AD carry champs, runes etc.) but I prefer AD bot, why? Because my ranked stats for Carries like Corki is 3+ and I know for a fact that I will farm farm farm and be beneficial to the team late game unlike those AD carries that put roaming before farming.

It's not that I can't play other lanes, it's just that it's my best interest to win and the best chance I can do that is by calling out 'AD bot' and securing my spot.

RanmanReloaded

06-20-2012

I don't have a problem with people who don't play every role to perfection, but I do have a problem with people who only know how to play one role, and then when they don't get that role, they either *****, whine, troll, or play something that we don't need.

If you don't know how to jungle, learn in normal. If you don't know how to solo top, learn in normal. You'll ever know when a team calls for it.

A good teammate is willing to play the positions others can't or don't want to, and you'll find people are more willing to work with you when do things like that.