How can we improve Dominion's point system?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Clompy

07-04-2012

My only gripe with the point system is how much it rewards backdooring. I don't have a problem with backdooring, my problem is with the people that pick shaco, eve, rammus, etc. and only backdoor the entire game. I have never seen a team win because of someone going 100% backdoor mode. The problem arises when, after the game, the backdoor player starts attacking their teammates because of the loss and cites their own score as the contribution they made to the game.

Tl;dr: points for backdooring should be decreased

Volandum

07-04-2012

We need POOTERSS back. I just won a pootmeta game, but it took our team a few minutes to catch on how to play it.

benjamin9099

07-04-2012

I think that there should be something to discourage people from capping when it is 95% finished and will go a different direction from spawn just to get +40 points

Volandum

07-04-2012

It's not just +40 points, it's 50 gold for your team. Important things to note.

HaIfhearted

07-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catnium View Post
only if taking a hp pack when your at full hp actually costs you 10 points
Sometimes I will take health packs if I'm at full health, if I know there are lower health/mana ENEMIES that might want them.
I usually only do this with the enemy-side health packs, though.

By denying them of that precious health/mana, I lower their potential effectiveness in future fights they might participate in.

Basically, even a champion with full health and mana taking a health pack can be good for your team if done intelligently, so I see no reason why such an action should be punished.

emikochan

07-04-2012

Remove points

aman1ta

07-04-2012

to discourage kills over points:

let's say your on your way to grab top and you meet an enemy, the rest of the non-bottom enemy team is in or near the outside lane and closer to top than your team, if you battle said enemy to low health and then chase after them past horizontal center of the map only to meet their friends and get mobbed.. you should be penalized for not letting the wounded enemy go and going for the point... not sure if that makes sense...

OnionThief

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-05-2012

Hi Rome,

Played about 100 dominion games and here are a few quick thoughts:

1) Defending should earn you more points than 5 per interval.
2) Balance in dominion is going to be extremely difficult as long as the game is balanced around SR. This is a simple fact. Imbalance on this map is a deterrent for many people playing it. Perhaps certain champions could use buffs specifically for dominion (higher ratios, better scaling, etc.).
3) A ranked feature should definitely be added.