who leashes blue?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheOneMillion

06-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drace Sylvanian View Post
As a side note, there is a special kind of leash that mid can do over the wall that causes blue buff to never aggro the jungler, allowing the jungler to take blue or red without taking damage.
But requires mid to usually lose a creep or 2. You have to ask if thats worth it.

bylobog44

06-18-2012

Some junglers don't know how to work with a leash. Most of the time, they should let the leash attack the camp first so the jungler doesn't take the agro right away. When they ask for a leash but attack the camp right away, all you can do is damage it and hope you don't accidentally leech exp. I've got in the habit of telling them to let me attack first so that I take the agro.

Other junglers shouldn't have a leash. A leash can mess up Shacco's jack-in-the-boxes or make the Golem turn around so he can't back stab him, or even reset.

Personally, I find it a little much as a mid when they want a leash at the Wolves AND the Blue camp.

Etherimp

06-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bylobog44 View Post
Some junglers don't know how to work with a leash. Most of the time, they should let the leash attack the camp first so the jungler doesn't take the agro right away. When they ask for a leash but attack the camp right away, all you can do is damage it and hope you don't accidentally leech exp. I've got in the habit of telling them to let me attack first so that I take the agro.

Other junglers shouldn't have a leash. A leash can mess up Shacco's jack-in-the-boxes or make the Golem turn around so he can't back stab him, or even reset.

Personally, I find it a little much as a mid when they want a leash at the Wolves AND the Blue camp.

You shouldn't be leashing Wolves.. only auto attacking them while jungler tanks them.. then you throw 1 auto-attack/ability at Blues. How difficult is that? Odds are, your enemy mid lane is doing the same thing, so you aren't getting set back in any farm.. and even if they don't, is 2 farm going to ruin your laning phase? I doubt it. But improperly leashing could ruin a junglers potential for early ganks and counter-jungling, which wins early/mid game for you.

Consider the trade off.

FraggingBard

06-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drace Sylvanian View Post
As a side note, there is a special kind of leash that mid can do over the wall that causes blue buff to never aggro the jungler, allowing the jungler to take blue or red without taking damage.
You mean a leash comprising of a skill shot through the wall then running back to mid?

llDeathCowll

06-19-2012

Your always better off helping the jungler than you are guarding the tower..but w/e if you said oyu were gonna b for a pot ****'em

llDeathCowll

06-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraggingBard View Post
You mean a leash comprising of a skill shot through the wall then running back to mid?
No, he means hitting it then using your movement to make the golem constantly have to re calculate its path...done properly the golem will walk in circles until its death, but this will generally cost you part of your first wave.

corallein

06-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by llDeathCowll View Post
No, he means hitting it then using your movement to make the golem constantly have to re calculate its path...done properly the golem will walk in circles until its death, but this will generally cost you part of your first wave.
And screwing it up can cause it to reset.
And doesn't actually help the jungler in speed at clearing the camp.

It's far more trouble than it's worth and isn't used by anyone. If you really want to help the jungler out, leash it and then go back to damage it some more after the leash wears off. Or don't leash it and just do lots of damage (not usually viable for mages because it often costs them too much mana and their auto-attacks are **** - getting the top/bot laners to do damage works better).