On-Hit Taric

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aescher

02-02-2012

So, I'm gonna try out an on-hit taric build in bots tonight. I've heard people say it's a real thing and can work. Here's what I'm thinking build-wise

Mercs (though probably zerks for bots)
Wits End
Malady
Guinsoo's Rageblade
Madred's
Sheen (though I don't know if I want to finish LB or TF)

Any thoughts?

Cenerae

02-02-2012

If you want to play Taric as a melee dps, build him like a typical bruiser. On-hit won't be effective at all, and hybrid items won't be much use either (you'll be blowing all your spells long before you get that rageblade stacked up). Trinity force + atmogs and a frozen mallet with a FoN thrown in somewhere would be a fine build though. (you can skimp on armor items because of Shatter. You get +60 armor passively as long as you don't cast it, and +30 when you do use it)

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2012

Tanky dps Taric does work, but on-hit doesn't work well due to his awful attack speed.

Aescher

02-02-2012

Fair enough. I'll look into tanky DPS as well. In hindsight it makes sense for him. I'll probably still try that on-hit just for grins, though. Not in a real game, mind you. I don't want anybody to flip out just because I like to tard around sometimes.

diciplee

02-02-2012

I like to build on-hit/tanky taric to reduce his heal cd and to help deal out some damage in fights. The way I would build him is

Randuins, wits end, Shurelyia's Reverie, Merc Treads, Ionic Spark, and w/e else the match calls for (situational). Perhaps an aura item like Zeke's herald or Aegis of the Legion.

Start with philo stone and HOG at bottom lane as most tarics do, then pick up those items later as the match progresses.

Tyrang

02-02-2012

Don't put melee dps taric in bot lane. You will end up stealing cs.

Solo top or jungle (yes you can make jungle taric work, it is mediocre tho). I have always been intrigue by the idea of having taric solo top. I have done it once. He is ok depends on the enemy.

I am still struggling with a build for bruiser taric. Felt like CDR, AP/AD are good stuff for him. On-proc aint great, with the exception of sheen, which can take advantage of Taric insane base AD (he has the highest base AD in game).

SuperSlothBear

02-02-2012

ON HIT WARWICK

*THE* best.

FoN
Wits
Merc's
GA
Ionic spark

FaerellG

02-02-2012

I wonder how effective jungle taric would be. You could stack AD and AS as your shatter would drop monster armor. Then level heal for self sustain.

Probably not the fastest clear, but it would be safe and steady. Possibly even independent of blue due to his passive.

Cenerae

02-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerellG View Post
I wonder how effective jungle taric would be. You could stack AD and AS as your shatter would drop monster armor. Then level heal for self sustain.

Probably not the fastest clear, but it would be safe and steady. Possibly even independent of blue due to his passive.
Jungle Taric is slow but fairly safe since he can heal himself. He makes up for the weak clear speed by being a good ganker.

Kinda like jungling Shen only your ganks are actually powerful rather than mediocre. (Though Shen is arguably a better pick overall than trying to use Taric as a bruiser)

It's legit enough if you want to try something weird out at any rate.

LieutenantDiks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-19-2012

I've been struggling to make jungle taric work for a while now. I try to make up for what he is missing. The #1 thing taric is missing is damage, so I run a 21/9/0 mastery page, although in hindsight i think ill make it 21/0/9 for buff duration. I run attackspeed reds, quints, and armor yellows mres/lvl blues.

I don't try to build philo stone or HoG since taric needs DAMAGE. To synergize with his passive, I go for attack speed. Also, attacks lower the cooldown of taric's Q, so he can actually duel people well.

I'm struggling to think of a build for him that will work, because he's so mediocre. One thing I have decided on though is that ionic spark should come before wit's end.

I'm also thinking about starting boots/3 or cloth/5, and building razors, but NOT turning it into wriggles. I would then get ionic spark, glacial shroud, aegis and phage... then think about turning the razors into madred's.

IDK

Oh also, I max W, then Q, and grab a point in E at level 2 for ganks, or if no opportunities, 3 or 4... situational