Pirates ult should only affect champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mellyn

11-01-2009

Alright this idea came to me when my team was about to finish Nashor and Twisted Fate used his ultimate and plank used his right after us, right before nashor died. This gave their team the kill and essentially the win. Now I have no problem with the ult's damage or anything else about it really, but it should only affect champions, not creeps.

There's a multitude of ults that work only on champions and don't affect minions for obvious reasons, and I think pirate's ult is one of them. With the Nashor buff winning or breaking games at the moment, it is very frusrating to know that pirate can be sitting at his fountain and just let your team fight baron and still get the kill. Granted, this is probably not going to happen on a constant basis, and the other team has to be lucky to steal the kill with that ult, but nonetheless I think it should be considered.

If anyone else has some input or thinks I'm totally wrong on the subject, feel free to enlighten me. perhaps it's just me getting frustrated after one game.

EDIT: err could a mod switch this post to the Champion Feedback section... I was reading feedback and must have switch windows ><... sorry! I would delete and repost but can't find the button for it, if there is one

boni

11-01-2009

Stealing Nashor is a legitime tactic. They just were lucky, that TF used his ult at the right time.
If Gankplanks ult would only hit Champions.. now that would totally ruin it. One of the advantages of having a gankplank is saving a tower by killing huge creepwaves - from everywhere on the map. If you remove that he'd be less viable, and only would have Parrrrrrrrrrrrrley left, overall making him a worse choice for your team.

JohnCataldo

11-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by boni View Post
One of the advantages of having a gankplank is saving a tower by killing huge creepwaves - from everywhere on the map.
Agreed.

It would also be dumb if Gangplank couldn't ult Tibbers or Heimerdinger's turrets, or anything else that comes out in the future.

SpyderMonkey

11-01-2009

I've only had my baron buff stolen once in the games I've played, and that was by Master Yi. It's all a matter of right place, right time. Veigar is another acceptable tactic, since he just needs eyes inside and can dark matter / nuke from outside the baron area. I think it's a legitimate tactic since the Baron buff changes the tide more often than not.

Anniie

11-01-2009

I agree, you should be able to steal nashor easily from across the map. The entire game up to that point shouldn't matter at all. The 45 minutes you spent playing shouldn't mean anything. It should all be decided by whichever team happens to get the last hit on nashor.

Mellyn

11-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anniie View Post
I agree, you should be able to steal nashor easily from across the map. The entire game up to that point shouldn't matter at all. The 45 minutes you spent playing shouldn't mean anything. It should all be decided by whichever team happens to get the last hit on nashor.
That's a whole topic on it's own though. Nashor buff is definately too strong at the moment. I was just looking for an opinion on plank's ult hitting neutral creeps. Though I don't think plank's ult is used mainly for destorying creeps at towers, there are many other champions better suited for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderMonkey View Post
I've only had my baron buff stolen once in the games I've played, and that was by Master Yi. It's all a matter of right place, right time. Veigar is another acceptable tactic, since he just needs eyes inside and can dark matter / nuke from outside the baron area. I think it's a legitimate tactic since the Baron buff changes the tide more often than not.
You could argue that veigar or yi have to be right near Nashor to finish it off whereas plank could be sitting at his fountain, which is the only reason it frustrates me.

HaunterV

11-01-2009

Lame idea. Just be happy his ult doesnt dmg buildings.