Do assists mean nothing?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

doggt123

06-20-2012

Assists do mean something depending on who your using. Some characters are tailored for assists, while others are not. Some people like to think in K/D, which in a game like this, is stupid.

VaporizeX

06-21-2012

My view, if I look at a past game and your score might even be 5-10-8 and you had 3 hibs, and 3 turret kills, and you won, shows me that you were trying to win the game. Your score might not be all that great as far as KDA but winning the game is all that matters in the end. I assume you died helping your team win in the case above, and I don't see a lot of people putting value on winning as much as K/D, and I agree that people seem to think you aren't skilled if you have 1 3 15 score, which is totally insane.

If you are not playing a carry AP or AD you want them to get the gold you should stop attacking so they get the gold, them getting the kill / gold will give them the items that they need to win the next fight and win the game. This is the entire reason for playing.

Another example my score is horrible, they have an AD carry at 22 2 13, she us just raping us, we by some miracle win a team fight under our towers and Ace them late game, push to base taking super minion damage tanking towers and win the game, my score 5 9 6 we are down by 22 kills as a team total, but we win. Its GG no question my KDA not good terrible but I help the team make the plays when it mattered most to win.

I will take a win over a good KDA anyday, everyday, all the way, in the month of may, I live by the bay, I have a cat that is gray, praise Jesus for those come backs!

Turrismo

06-21-2012

assists barely give any gold, even though they potentially could change a team fight. They need to up the reward a bit for assists.