Are Tanks Really the Most Important Thing?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xelxiuz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2010

You don't need a carry if you break inhibs before the carry champs get farmed/fed.

Barumel

08-26-2010

I think the role of the off tank is highly under represented in all cases/games; Nasus, Garen, and Cho'gath, for example.

As Garen, no one expects tank-ability from him, more of a dps'er, much like Mord. Where as Nasus, I'm expected to be the tank so everyone else gets, mainly, physical ranged dps'ers. And, as Cho being the tank on a team, well, he just doesn't have the hit points unless he can keep his Feast up which can be a problem if facing a hard tank with a balance team.

The role of the tank is essential to ANY team, but imo I think the role of an off tank is almost as important. THEN you can take into account the carries, nukers, stunners, and disablers. A balanced team, with even a fair knowledge of teamplay/team fighting, will almost always come out with the big V.

However, on that note, stupid people ruin everything. o.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelxiuz View Post
You don't need a carry if you break inhibs before the carry champs get farmed/fed.
Congrats, you've confirmed yourself as a Yitard. Because that will NEVER be the case. A good carry, hell a GOOD player, will always be able to farm for their most essential items, even if not completely stacked.

Spiku

08-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barumel View Post

Congrats, you've confirmed yourself as a Yitard. Because that will NEVER be the case. A good carry, hell a GOOD player, will always be able to farm for their most essential items, even if not completely stacked.
https://beta.leagueoflegends.com/boa...0&d=1268986060

Barumel

08-26-2010

So you're saying I'm right?

There were no good people on the opposing team?

And no tanks? No off Tanks?

Whyumai

08-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uccisore View Post
Is this perception legitimate? Are tanks really super important compared to everything else?
Since the point of a tank is to look threatening enough to take damage, cc, and everything else that the other team can throw at you, tanks are the reason everything else on your team works. Also, generally speaking, your tank is your main initiator. First in, probably the first to die, works well as long as everyone else on your team piles on the damage onto the other team while the tank is dying.

Holy Malevolence

08-26-2010

Tanks are needed if there's an ally who's very effective yet needs guarding.

Or, to put it my way........ If you have a king, you need a knight to guard him. But if you don't, then you don't.

Aircross

08-26-2010

Tanks guard the carry so that the carry can do damage.

Unless it's Garen which, in that case, he can do both.

Spiku

08-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barumel View Post
So you're saying I'm right?

There were no good people on the opposing team?

And no tanks? No off Tanks?
The TF player is good, won a lot of games with him alongside; he did some insane backdooring when the passive remake came along and was broken. My point was that he didn't get to farm his items, which you said they will -always- get to do =3

GalacticBars

08-26-2010

lets say you have a game where the other team is just ad and ap pwnage charcters and your team is all support and a tank. if your tank is good you will pwn them easily. say like a pro rammus or shen

IS1d69e2e5726f5f

08-26-2010

tanks are the worst champion type in the game. You don't want tanks

you want initiators and crowd controllers. A lot of initiators and crowd controllers just happens to be tanks.